According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the change in seasons can greatly affect peoples' moods causing them to develop Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). It's suggested that simply spending more time outside, sunny or cloudy, can help treat mild symptoms of SAD.
So, yes, it may be cold outside but it will not only boost your mental health and overall mood, but it's a great way to get some exercise as well.
Here are just a few outdoor activities that will keep your spirits high this winter:
-- Ice Skating
-- Boot Hockey
-- Ice Fishing
-- Fat Biking
-- Snow Fort Building
-- Outdoor Hockey
-- Cross-Country Skiing
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Kim, Moon seek to control optics at their historic summit
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Man in custody after 2 Dallas officers, store employee shot
- Durant, Green lead Warriors past Spurs into second round