The beach can provide a beautiful backdrop for a wedding ceremony. It can also create a fun environment for your guests to enjoy. To start planning your beach wedding, take a look at these tips.
The first step is to pick a location. Decide if you want to get married on a beach near you or one at a farther destination. You should secure your location far in advance to allow your guests time to book travel plans if needed.
Start preparing early. Once you've secured the location then it's time to look at the logistics. Do you need a permit to get married on the beach you've chosen? Where will guests stay? What paperwork is required in the city or state you're getting married in? What type of equipment will be needed? How will the food and drinks arrive and who will serve them? Who will clean up the venue?
Be willing to be flexible. According to TheKnot.com, you never know what kind of weather you might get on your wedding day. For this reason it's important to have a backup plan just in case you need it.
Find a wedding planner or consultant who's familiar with beach weddings. According to TheKnot.com, this person can help you sort through the permits and requirements needed to get married on a particular beach. This will help ease some of your stress.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Canada van victims include grandmother, avid volunteer
- Iranian official puts Trump on notice about nuclear deal
- Museum realizes collection's rare elephant bird egg is real
- Man in custody after 2 Dallas officers, store employee shot