ATHENS, WV (WVNS) - Police were called to Concord University on Jan. 22, 2018 to check on the welfare of a student. This came after the girl's grandmother called 911.
When investigators arrived at the Mill Street Residence Hall at Concord, they found the victim had locked herself in her apartment. She told officials her neighbor had threatened to kill her.
According to the criminal complaint, the neighbor, Minh Nguyen, had kicked in her door, pulled out a pair of nunchakus and threatened the girl for "blowing the whistle about his roommate smoking marijuana." The victim said Nguyen hit the wall with his nunchakus and forced her to go to his apartment and apologize to his roommate.
On January 27th, 2108 investigators spoke with Nguyen. During that interview, he admitted to the claims made by the victim.
He is charged with assault, burglary, and brandishing. He is being held in the Southern Regional Jail on a $5,000 cash only bond.
Ohio woman sentenced for failing to...
Suspicious death in Dolly Sods...
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Peru's congress ready to replace scandal-tainted president
- Incoming Peru president a political novice facing tough odds
- Rep: Lorna Luft has successful brain surgery for tumor
- Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing