Four teens hospitalized after drinking detergent

PELHAM, AL (WCMH) — Four teenagers in Alabama are recovering after they were hospitalized for drinking washing detergent.

According to WIAT, the teens were taken to the hospital as a precaution after drinking the detergent mixed with water.

The teens were all released after being checked out by doctors and presumably given a lecture.

A school spokesperson says they are investigating the incident, but wouldn’t confirm if this was another example of the infamous “Tide Pod Challenge.”


More Stories

Local Sports

Don't Miss

Latest News - Local