SISSONVILLE, WV (WOWK) - According to Kanawha County dispatchers, a home in the Elkview area went up in flames shortly before 1:30 Friday morning.
Dispatchers tell us a propane tank rolled down a hill hitting the side of the home. The tank was leaking and when crews arrived it exploded, catching the home on fire.
Crews at the scene say it's a total loss.
The home is located in the 100 block of Rosewood Way, off Coopers Creek.
Everyone in the home manage to get out safely. Several fire departments responded including Chesapeake, Pinch, Sissonville and Frame.
No injuries are being reported at this time.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Asian stocks follow Wall Street higher after strong results
- Kim Jong Un says Koreas on "starting line" of a new history
- Daimler earnings slip on one-time factors, sales edge higher
- Use of DNA in serial killer probe sparks privacy concerns
Spencer Adkins take you to the past to help protect you from future severe weather. Some say we don't have to worry about tornadoes because of all of the ills, but they are wrong. Make sure to watch 13 News at 6 on Friday.Read More »