The search for a missing 90-year-old woman in Kanawha County has been called off.
The Cross Lanes woman was reported missing by family members around 9 a.m., according to deputies with the Kanawha County Sheriff's Office. Shortly after the call came in to 911, deputies arrived at the woman's home along Emmanuel Drive.
Deputies located the woman, who was said to have "various medical issues", around 10:30 a.m. Monday. She was lying in the driveway of a home along the 5500 block of Big Tyler Road, about a mile from her home.
Deputies on the scene said they were able to locate the woman by pinging her location using a device called "Project Lifesaver".
The woman was alert, and was transported to a local hospital to be treated. Deputies said she is expected to recover.
Stay with 13 News for more on this developing story.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: Ravens close 1st round with QB Lamar Jackson
- Ashland Police Department launches initiative to help drug addicts
- Child and Vehicle Found Safe After Carjacking
- The Latest: Moon, Kim vow more meetings in summit talks
Spencer Adkins take you to the past to help protect you from future severe weather. Some say we don't have to worry about tornadoes because of all of the ills, but they are wrong. Make sure to watch 13 News at 6 on Friday.Read More »