MCKENDREE, WV (WVNS) - A CSX train has derailed in the McKendree area of Fayette County.
According to the National Park Service, a train engine and 10 cars have reportedly been involved in a derailment incident in a remote part of the McKendree area. No injuries have been reported at this time.
We're told the train involved consisted of empty coal cars, but according to officials. the engine of the train is on its side, creating a risk of leaking diesel fuel. A CSX Hazmat crew is on its way to assess the situation.
The National park Service, along with other departments are working to get to the scene
We will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Libyan navy rescues 263 migrants, recovers 11 bodies
- Memorial service set for woman killed in Southwest flight
- 4 dead in Waffle House shooting in Tennessee; suspect sought
- 4 Britons on pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia killed in bus crash