CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. (WFLA/WOWK) – A Georgia toddler is dead after a freak accident at a Payless Shoe Store, WSB reports.
According to the report, 2-year-old Ifrah Siddique was shoe shopping with her mother Friday night when an unsecured mirror fell on the toddler. Ifrah was taken to the hospital and died an hour later.
“You wouldn’t really expect it. We are all in the state of shock,” the girl’s cousin, Aqib Iftkhar told Channel 2. “We want to make sure this doesn’t happen again for anybody. We don’t want to see another kid get into this.”
In a statement to the news station, Payless Shoes extended their condolences:
“Our deepest sympathies go out to the family of Ifrah Siddique during this time of incredible loss. We are devastated by this tragic event and are fully cooperating with authorities to research and understand the nature of this accident. Out of respect for the family, no further information will be provided at this time.”
Police respond to shooting in Huntington
Oregon knew of abuse case against family
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Oregon knew of abuse case against family that went off cliff
- Harden, Rockets soar past Wolves 119-100 with 50-point 3rd
- LEADING OFF: Ohtani faces champs; Cubs-Indians rematch
- Van plows into Toronto sidewalk, killing 10 and injuring 15