This Saturday, Gilmore Elementary School in Jackson County will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony for its new nature and fitness trail.
The trail provides students in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade the ability to explore and learn about conservation.
Several area organizations partnered together to make this possible, including:
- Comet Cardinals
- 4-H Club
- Gilmore Elementary PTO
- Jackson County Board of Education
- Jackson County/Parkersburg Area Community Foundation
- Little Kanawha RC&D
- Sisters of St. Joseph's Charitable Fund
- U.S. Forest Service - Northeastern Area State and Private Forestry
- USDA - Natural Resources Conservation Service
- West Virginia Conservation Agency
- West Virginia Forestry Association
- Western Conservation District