A Barboursville house fire is contained to the back room thanks to some quick actions by nearby roofers.
Firefighters say crews were working on a roof when they saw smoke coming from a nearby house.
They quickly grabbed an outside water hose, broke a window, and sprayed water on the fire until fire crews arrived.
Barboursville firefighters say the fire seemed to be caused by an electrical problem damaging a back room and kitchen.
The rest of the home suffered smoke damage.
A woman was home at the time but did not know the house was on fire until the roofers showed up to help.
The home belongs to Lt. Charlie Shoemaker of the Huntington Fire Department.
No one was injured.