Fire destroys Barboursville home - WOWK 13 Charleston, Huntington WV News, Weather, Sports

Fire destroys Barboursville home

Posted: Updated:

A fire in Barboursville leaves a family homeless.

Firefighters say the homeowner put gasoline cans in the garage and thinks the hot water tank caused vapors to ignite.

He grabbed a garden hose to try to contain the fire, but it spread quickly to the house.

The fire also damaged a neighbor's home and melted the vinyl siding.

The American Red Cross was called in to help the family.

The fire is under investigation.