Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Research and Markets
DUBLIN, September 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ffq62m/biopharma_manda) has announced the addition of the "Biopharma M&A and Deal Making: Understanding the Latest Trends to Optimize Future Strategy" report to their offering.
The report, Biopharma M&A and Deal Making, was written to support team and corporate strategic initiatives around the options that exist to grow revenues through externalization, whether by M&A or licensing. CBR Pharma Insights provides in-depth analysis on the deals being done today, the trends being seen over time, and the strategies employed throughout the industry.
The leading pharmaceutical players continue to face the combined threats of a difficult operating environment and patent losses while struggling to deliver on pipeline potential. Externalization strategies are a key means to boost future revenues and, indeed more imminently, to satisfy shareholder demands. However, the increasing size of the leading biopharmaceutical companies is necessitating their involvement in growing the numbers and size of deals year by year. This in itself, along with the rising financial firepower of the mid-tier players, has increased the level of competition for the most attractive targets.
Increased competition in the marketplace for M&A and licensing deals can artificially inflate the cost of these deals, distorting the balance of value, risk and return. As a result companies must employ more rigorous selection processes and expand search criteria to consider more diverse options if they are to maximize their returns on investment.
Key Reasons to Purchase
- Understand and evaluate the strategies being used by companies of all sizes to support future revenue growth
- Benefit from CBR's case study analysis of the different types of deals being done in the current & future biopharma industry
- Access data and trends analysis of the types of deals taking place and which therapeutic areas are showing the most activity
- Gain insights around the steps that need to be taken in order to best secure a successful deal
- Learn who the key companies are to watch for in the coming year, the motivations behind the deals they are doing, and identify which ones relate to your business strategies
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
- What is driving the increased use of externalization in biopharma industry strategies
- Externalization strategies: the options
- Benefits of different deal types from M&A to arm's length licensing
Chapter 2: Trends in recent deal activity
- M&A deal trends
- Key acquisitions in 2012 and the motives behind them
- Most acquisitive companies
- Licensing deal trends (Type of deal, Therapy area, Phase)
- Divesting - the other extreme
- Focus on: Deal activity in the generics sector
Chapter 3: Successful deal making
- Key steps to successful deal making
- Shift to earlier stage deals
- Differentiating capabilities to position company as "partner of choice"
- Focus on: Joint ventures in emerging markets
Chapter 4: Future deal activity
- Key companies to watch in 2013
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ffq62m/biopharma_manda.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.