1. Sponsors. This Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by WOWK (“Station”), (collectively, the “Sponsor(s)”). This Contest is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Contest is open to legal U.S. citizens who reside within WOWK’s viewing area and who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Current or former employees of WOWK, Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc., the other Sponsors, the other television and radio stations and multichannel video programming distributors in the WOWK’s viewing areas, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes contest materials), and the immediate families or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Entrants must be registered users of Facebook.
Participants are eligible to win a WOWK contest or sweepstakes only once every sixty (60) days. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes. Participants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every six months. Text, data, or messaging rates may apply.
3. Entry. Entries will be accepted beginning on March 1, 2016 at 1PM and ending on March 20, 2016 at11:59 p.m. EST. To enter, entrants must go to WOWKTV.com or facebook.com/13news and submit an entry form. Entrants must include their name, phone number, and e-mail address. Incomplete entries will not be considered. All entries must be received by March 20, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST. One entry per person will be accepted.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for technical or computer failures, telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or late, lost, failed, illegible, incomplete, garbled or deleted entries, transmissions, or voicemails or other network or technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or online entry, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form, or the rules.
Any automated or computer-generated entries, fake or duplicate identities, spam, or improper techniques (as determined by Sponsor(s)) will be disqualified. Any questions regarding the validity, completeness, or number of entries submitted by an individual or the identity of the authorized account holder of an e-mail address, phone number, or social media profile shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion. The Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive, harassing, vulgar, or unsportsmanlike manner, as determined by the Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the Sponsor(s) determine(s), in its/their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Contest (electronic or otherwise) or if technical difficulties (e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor(s)) compromise the security, fairness, integrity or administration of the Contest, the Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to void the entries at issue and/or modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted online at WOWKTV.com. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVLI LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. Prize. One winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries to receive a LG 60UF7700 – 60′ LED Big Screen TV valued at $1299. Winner will be chosen by random selection via Woobox on March 21 and announced on 13 News at 5pm. Winners will also be notified by email or phone. If a winner is unreachable after 48 hours, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment or selects not to accept the prize, an alternate winner will be selected. Broadcasts may be subject to delays, pre-emptions, or schedule changes in the Station’s sole discretion.
All results are unofficial until verified by the Sponsors. Prize may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use, and the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for defective prizes. The Sponsor(s) make(s) no representations or warranties with respect to the prize(s), including merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to substitute a prize in their sole discretion without an on-air or off-air announcement, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, the other Sponsor(s) and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
5. Claiming the Prize. The prize(s) must be claimed in-person by the winner(s) at the Station during regular business hours (M-F from 8:30 AM PST – 4:30 PM EST). Prize(s) will not be mailed under any circumstances. The prize(s) must be claimed by April 1st at non or it/they will be forfeited. Winner(s) will be required to provide a valid government issued photo identification card and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to receiving their prize(s). If this contest is open to entrants under the age of 18, a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian will be required to claim the prize(s) and execute all releases on behalf of the minor. All unclaimed or rejected prizes will be forfeited. Failure by the winner(s) to respond to the Station’s messages, calls, e-mails or other notification will lead to forfeiture of the prize(s). Failure to completely fill out and sign all waivers, releases, or forms requested by the Station will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). The Station then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to another winner using the method described above. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another contest conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive a W-9 or equivalent from the Sponsor(s). The Sponsor(s) will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) is/are required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsor(s) in order to receive their prize(s).
Unless otherwise stated above, Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all license and registration fees, accommodations, transportation costs, gratuities and all other items of an incidental nature. All expenses on receipt and use of prize(s) are the sole responsibility of the winner(s), the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are delayed or canceled. All delays and cancellations are deemed beyond the control of the Sponsor(s). This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any expenses incurred by contest winners as a result of such delays or cancellations.
By accepting the prize, the winner or winners (or, in the case of a minor, their parent/legal guardian) agree to have their name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and entry materials used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, and in any media whatsoever, including the Station, WOWKTV.com, and Facebook for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further authorization or compensation to the entrant. Winners agree to sign a publicity release, affidavit of eligibility and release of liability to this effect prior to acceptance of the prize.
6 Social Media. For contests conducted on Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media website or application, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to remove any entrant from consideration for failure to abide by the guidelines, policies, or procedures of the social media website or application, and to delete any of entrant’s related comments, posts, tweets, photos, user generated content, or other electronic messages, communications, or submissions at its/their discretion. Sponsor(s) also reserve(s) the right to block, ignore, and/or completely prevent any entrant, account, user, or profile from accessing the contest and/or the Sponsor(s) profile(s), account(s), website(s), blog(s) or handle(s). Any question regarding the identity or owner of the entrant’s social media profile, URL, twitter handle, username, or account shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media site, including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Instagram. By entering this contest, entrants agree to release and hold the social media websites harmless from any or all claims, liability, damages, judgments, fines, costs, expenses related to or associated with their participation in this contest. Entrants understand that by logging into or using the social media websites, that they agree to comply with the social media websites’ Terms of Service, and that their personal information is subject to the Privacy Policies and information collection practices of the social media websites. Entrants agree that the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for the collection, disclosure, transfer, or dissemination of their personal information, whether directly or indirectly, by the websites, third party advertisers, marketers, or any other transferees. For entries submitted through Facebook, the Sponsor(s) may be limited to using the information in a manner set forth by Facebook and in no other way.
7 Limitation on Liability. Sponsor(s) disclaim(s) all liabilities to the winner(s) with respect to receipt and use of the prize(s). Winners, by acceptance of their prize(s), agree(s) to release and hold the Sponsor(s) and its/their affiliated companies, their advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, fines, and costs of any kind whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees) to persons and property which may be sustained directly or indirectly in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Contest- or prize-related activity.
8. Reservation of Rights. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to make changes to these Official Rules in their sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to cancel or terminate this Contest for any reason in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsor(s). Any such changes or termination will be announced on WOWKTV.com.
9. Rules. For a copy of these rules, addendum, and/or list of winners please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WOWK within thirty (30) days of the end of this Contest.