Parents Find Mold Growing Inside Their Toddler’s Chew Toys

Archives
12922575_G_1292257571

A warning for parents who are using toddler chew toys, they could become infested with mold.

According to CBS Affiliate KDKA, several parents have found mold growing inside their “Sophie the Giraffe” toy.

A pediatric dentist posted photos showing mold growing inside the giraffe.

According to KDKA, she said she noticed the air coming out of the hole smelled musty, so she cut the chew toy open.

“I decided to cut into Sophie out of curiosity and discovered a science experiment living inside,” Dana Chianese told Good Housekeeping. “Smelly, ugly mold living in my infant’s favorite chew toy.”

She said she always cleaned the toy according to instructions, using hot, soapy water with a damp sponge.

Other parents are now posting horror stories about the mold in their child’s chew toys.

Good Housekeeping has more information on how to prevent the mold from growing inside your child’s toys.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the FREE WOWK 13 News App

Washington DC Bureau

More Washington DC Bureau

Don't Miss

Trending Stories