CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – We’ve been telling you for months about our parent company Nexstar’s nationwide initiative to honor women who inspire. These women lead and pave the way for other women to succeed in communities just like ours.
Back in March, we announced our local “Remarkable Women” finalist — Huntington Fire Chief Jan Rader. She was one of 113 women selected out of 10,000 nominations throughout the United States over the three-month-long campaign.
Today, the national winner was announced during the national telecast of “The Mel Robbins Show” right here on WOWK. We want to thank all of you who nominated a remarkable woman.
We also would like to congratulate that winner — Chicago’s Archana Liggins. She’s called the “Bag Lady of Illinois” for helping those in need with her bags of supplies.
To see all of our tri-state finalists stories again, visit our Remarkable Woman page.
- Water main break occurs in Charleston
- WV Governor says he’ll call out National Guard if protests get violent
- COVID-related deaths edge toward 80 in the Mountain State
- George W. Bush issues statement on ‘brutal suffocation’ of George Floyd: ‘It is time for us to listen’
- Doddridge County man charged after Facebook post admitting he loves 10-year-old girl
- State of Minnesota files complaint against police in Floyd’s death
- Kentucky Gov. to give update on protests, ‘Healthy at Work’ status
- Confederate monuments targeted by protests come down
- DeWine: Ohio ‘fully intends to have school in the fall’
- Parents arrested after 10-year-old tests positive for meth