MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — West Virginia men’s basketball concludes its regular season on Saturday when it hosts No. 11 Kansas State.
Here’s everything you need to know about the matchup:
No. 11 Kansas State at WVU men’s hoops game information
- Date: Saturday, March 4, 2023
- Time: 2 p.m. ET
- Location: WVU Coliseum, Morgantown, West Virginia
- Stream: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
- Radio: Find your affiliate of the Mountaineer Sports Network
- Series history: West Virginia leads all-time series 15-10 since 1949
- Last meeting: No. 24 Kansas State topped WVU 82-76 on Dec. 31, 2022
No. 11 K-State at West Virginia game information
West Virginia will look to solidify its spot in the NCAA Tournament field with another Quad 1 showdown in its season finale. The Mountaineers have the chance at revenge over the Wildcats after dropping its conference opener in Manhattan on New Year’s Eve.
K-State’s ticket to the Big Dance is pretty much punched at this point as the Wildcats have spent the last seven weeks in the AP Top 25, even cracking the top-5 in January. With a pair of wins to end the season, though, KSU could sneak into the Big 12’s second seed ahead of the conference tournament (with, of course, a little help.).
WVU has some momentum after its physical win over Iowa State on Monday, which saw the Mountaineers fight through a foul-ridden matchup in Ames to take a critical win over the Cyclones. A win over the Wildcats would give WVU its coveted 18th win, a number identified by the team as a comfortable total to earn them a spot in March.