Law enforcement throughout our region work continuously to solve missing persons cases, some of whom have been missing for years or even decades.
In some of these cases, authorities reach out to the public for help bringing answers to the loved ones of those who are missing.
Below is a list of missing persons cases in West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky that remain unsolved, with the most notable of those cases at the top of each state’s list. This list includes the missing person’s name linked to more details, often including a photo and what agency to contact with information, on an official police or government website.
If you know of a missing persons case not included in this list, please let us know below with the person’s name, the details of the case and the agency leading the investigation. If you are trying to report that a person has gone missing to open an investigation, please do not use this form. Contact your local law enforcement agency to file a missing person’s report.
- Andrew Preston Jeffries of Philippi – Last seen Aug. 19, 2018 at 34 years old
- Jefferies was last seen by his mother on Aug. 17, 2018, three days before his disappearance. He left her home on his stepfather’s motorcycle. West Virginia State Police say he was at his uncles on August 18, 2018. The motorcycle was later recovered abandoned on Hunter’s Fork Road in Barbour County. According to the WVSP, witnesses said they saw a man walking on Hunter’s Fork Road near where the motorcycle was found on Aug. 19, 2018. They identified the man as Jeffries based on photos. Initial reports stated Jeffries girlfriend was with him the last time he was seen, but WVSP troopers say further investigation indicated she was not with him at that time.
- Michael Anthony Johnson of Philippi – Last seen Aug. 10, 2017 at 54 years old
- Jeanna Mayle of Philippi – Last seen Jan. 8, 2014 at 31 years old
- Mayle was last seen at the Meadowbrook Mall in Bridgeport, West Virginia around 4:30 p.m. Jan 8, 2014. Authorities say she has not been seen or heard from since. She has several tattoos including a vine or barbed wire on her lower right wrist, a butterfly on one shoulder, a heart on the left side of her neck and a swan on her lower back.
- Mary Jean Beatty of Gerrardstwon – Last seen March 4, 2011 at 56 years old
- Beatty’s friends and family say they last heard from her around March or April of 2011. Authorities say she was given a ride to Boone County and then returned to the Lynco area of Wyoming County. No one has seen her since. According to authorities, she has a pegasus tattoo on her inner ankle with three or four stars above it and a butterfly on her chest which has scarring over it from a burn.
- Cameron Bowers of Martinsburg – Last seen Aug. 19, 1990 at 54 years old
- David Lee Adkins of Bloomingrose – Last seen June 7, 2016 at 30 years old
- West Virginia State Police say Adkins’ wife said he and at least three other men had gone to the sealed Upper Big Branch Mine to steal copper. Two men were found and arrested, one of who said he was in the mine with Adkins around 2:30 a.m., but they had gotten separated. Adkins mother told news outlets she believes there is “more to the story.”
- Chandace Cochran of Sutton – Last seen Aug. 20, 2019 at 28 years old
- Cochran was living with her mother at the time she disappeared. According to police, her mother went to work on Aug. 20, 2019 and Cochran was nowhere to be found when she returned home, but all of her belongings were still there. Cochran has a tattoo on the thigh of her right leg that reads,”see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil” with three skulls. Authorities say Cochran may have changed her hair color.
- Melody Anderson of Wellsburg – Last seen Oct. 1, 1999 at 54 years old
- Richard Ceglie of Follansbee – Last seen Dec. 10, 2012 at 45 years old
- Jason Adkins of Huntington – Last seen Jan. 18, 1999 at 23 years old.
- Adkins was fishing in the Ohio Fiver with his brother when their boat had an engine failure and capsized after developing a leak and beginning to sink. Adkins has not been seen since and no trace of him has been found.
- Samantha Burns of Huntington – Last seen Nov. 11, 2002 at 19 years old
- Burns was last seen Nov. 11, 2002 at the Huntington Mall in Barboursville
- Jaden Esque of Huntington – Last seen Dec. 30, 2019 at 15 years old
- Eddie Frasher of Huntington – Last seen Oct. 27, 1987
- Frasher disappeared on the date he was scheduled to testify at a murder trial.
- Matthew Hackworth of Huntington – Last seen July 14, 2021 at 16 years old
- Billy Hayes of Huntington – Last seen May 15, 2008 at 53 years old
- Katha Holton of Huntington – Last seen August 2, 2002 at 44 years old
- Anthony Jerry of Huntington – Last seen December 8, 2013 at 58 years old
- Jerry was last seen on his way to Boston and was involved in a minor crash in Clarksburg, West Virginia, but has not been seen or heard from since.
- Chrystina Judd of Huntington – Last seen Sept. 7, 2021 at 28 years old
- Judd was last seen by the complainant on Jefferson Avenue in Huntington getting into a silver SUV with an unknown Ohio registration.
- Kyle Kincaid of Huntington – Last Seen Feb. 2, 2019 at 28 years old.
- Law enforcement witnessed Kincaid jump from the 31st Street Bridge, but no sign of him or his body were ever found.
- Jordan Leonard of Huntington – Last seen April 1, 2019 at 23 years old
- Leonard, a college student, lived with his roommate in 2019 and they were scheduled to go abroad after graduation to teach English overseas. He has not been in contact with his family and it isn’t known if he ever left the country.
- James Mathis of Huntington – Last seen Dec. 13, 2013 at 38 years old
- Mathis was last seen at his home. He was not located when authorities arrived at his home around 2:30 a.m. that morning after his car was found on a bridge.
- Chase Misner of Huntington – Last seen March 3, 2021 at 14 years old
- Angel Overstreet of Huntington – Last confirmed seen on May 7, 2021 at almost 3 months old.
- Multiple searches have been conducted for Angel Overstreet. She has a strawberry birthmark on the back of her neck. Her father told CPS workers he had given her back to them two weeks prior, but there is no record of the exchange. She was reported missing in late May 2021, when HPD said they were concerned for her safety.
- Jeffrey Ruggles of Huntington – Last seen Nov. 24, 2005 at 28 years old
- Amber Saunders of Huntington – Last seen Aug 21, 2021 at 16 years old
- Grover Vance of Huntington – Last seen March 27, 2010 at 75 years old
- Vance was last seen in the 1000 block of Washington Avenue around 5 p.m. March 27, 2010. Authorities say Vance had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. His vehicle was also missing from his residence at the time of his disappearance. The vehicle was recovered unoccupied by WVSP in Mingo County on April 19, 2010.
- Jerry Holcomb of Ivydale – Last seen June 17, 2012 at 62 years old
- Holcomb was last seen walking near his home along Dunden Road. Holcomb reportedly has Alzheimer’s and may have headed toward Kentucky or Ohio.
- John Scarbrough of Fayetteville – Last seen Sept. 11, 2018 at 45 years old.
- Susan Roop of Gauley – Last seen Feb. 12, 1979 at 29 years old.
- Authorities believe Roop may have been abducted.
- Jasmine Cruz of Fayetteville – Last seen April 1, 2016 at 30 years old.
- Georgia Stone of Oak Hill – Last seen Dec. 6, 2016 at 56 years old.
- James S. Johansen of the Lewisburg area/Fairlea – Last seen June 13, 2007 at 51 years old
- Considered a Cold Case by the West Virginia State Police. Johansen’s disappearance is listed as a Cold Case on the West Virginia State Police website. He was last seen in the Fairlea area selling his vehicle to a local individual. The person who bought the vehicle says he left with an unknown female. He had been in contact with a person in Ohio to purchase another vehicle, but the person said he never made it to that location.
- Dee Ann Keene of Renick – Last seen Feb. 28, 2014 at 43 years old
- The West Virginia State Police say there are “suspicious circumstances” surrounding Keene’s disappearance.
- Richard “Richie” Arnold, III of Maxwellton – Last seen April 15, 2015 at 23 years old.
- Arnold was reported missing by his ex-girlfriend’s family. Troopers believe he may have traveled to Fayette County.
- Lisa Crouse of Romey – Last seen Nov. 4, 1997 at 48 years old
- Victor Shoemaker of Kirby – Last seen May 1, 1994 at 5 years old
- Victor was last seen playing with other children in the woods near Short Mountain. He has not been seen since he left the group.
- Seif Mahssen of Weirton – Last seen Nov. 1, 1957 at less than 1 year old
- Seif’s father allegedly took him to his home country of Yemen for a two-week visit, but never returned. Seif’s mother went to the Weirton Steel Mill where his father worked to learn he had not worked there under that name. She also learned there is no record of him in the Department of Immigration and that he had used an alias to marry her.
- Lanny Beatty of Weirton – Last seen June 6, 1990 at 49 years old
- Ronnie Duke, Jr. of Chester – Last Seen Dec. 11, 2011, but possibly heard from in January 2012 at 48 years old.
- Duke allegedly gave his neighbor a set of car keys saying he wouldn’t need them anymore and walked away. His parents heard from him in January of 2012, but no contact has been made since.
- Andrea Acton of Clarksburg – Last seen July 1, 2018 at 54 years old
- Acton had reportedly been moving around for 10 years and remained in occasional contact with family. She was supposed to meet a relative to pick up money, but never called to tell them where to meet her.
- Nicholas Shinn of Ripley – Last seen June 15, 2003 at 18 years old
- There was reportedly a severe flood at the time Shinn was last seen.
- Kenneth Parsons of Ravenswood – Last seen Jan. 22, 1997 at 20 years old
- Parsons went missing from a barge in the Ohio River. He was last seen stringing lights on the barge, but was not accounted for when the barge reached its destination eight miles from the point he was last seen.
- Asheley Wall of Ripley – Last seen August 2021 at 29 years old.
- Wall was last seen in Charleston some time during the month of August 2021. Authorities say she has ties to Jackson and Kanawha counties in West Virginia and to New Jersey.
- Morten Kurt Aigeltinger of Charles Town – Last seen Sept. 8, 2015 at 56 years old
- Aigeltinger was last seen at a Sheetz in Manassas Park, Virginia. He was scheduled to arrive at a school in Prince William County, Virginia at 1 p.m. Sept. 9, for photography services, but never arrived there or at his employer’s office.
- David Gray of Kearneysville – Last seen Feb. 25, 2021 at 39 years old
- Bobby Adams of Charleston – Last seen Nov. 30, 1991 at 31 years old.
- Janet Baker of Charleston – Last seen March 18, 2000 at 38 years old.
- Baker also goes by the names of “Cheyenne Baker” and “Tiffany Cole.”
- David Bleaney of Charleston – Last seen Aug. 1, 1975 at 46 years old.
- Bleaney was last seen in the summer of 1975, he was supposed to appear in court that September but never appeared. He walks with a significant limp that favors his left leg.
- Dominique Brice of Charleston – Last seen Feb. 9, 2022 at 17 years old
- Dominique may have traveled to the Erie, Pennsylvania area.
- Gary Burkes of South Charleston – Last seen Feb. 7, 1994 at 30 years old
- Dorothy Davis of Charleston – Last seen Aug. 9, 2015 at 56 years old
- Davis was last seen driving a blue Pontiac Bonneville.
- Airon Dillard of Charleston – Last seen Jan. 15, 2020 at 16 years old
- Kevan El-Amin of Charleston – Last seen Dec. 28, 2021 at 17 years old
- Erica Enicks of Charleston – Last seen July 21, 2012 at 26 years old
- Enicks may have been driving a gray Ford Taurus.
- Kevin Flythe of Charleston – Last seen Jan. 27, 2022 at 52 years old
- Flythe was driven from the FCI Gilmer in Glenville to the Greyhound Bus Station in Charleston. He was supposed to get on a Barons Bus that morning and arrive in Washington DC the next day, but hasn’t been seen or heard from since. His itinerary had said the bus would travel through Cambridge, Ohio, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Baltimore before arriving in DC.
- Elbert Hall of South Charleston – Last seen Jan. 22, 2015 at 68 years old
- Hall was last seen walking out of his Lincoln Drive home. A friend says they saw him that day walking toward the Go-Mart in South Charleston.
- Deborah Hunter of Charleston – Last seen July 2, 2012 at 44 years old
- Darleta Hurt of St. Albans – Last seen Dec. 10, 1986 at 48 years old
- Hurt was last seen leaving her son’s home and drove to her Kanawha Terrace apartment. She has not been seen since. Her glasses and shoes were found on the lawn of her apartment two days later. She has a scar on her nose.
- Jennifer Killough of Charleston – Last seen Nov. 5, 2015 at 33 years old
- Melanie Metheny of Belle – Last seen July 19, 2006 at 20 years old
- Metheny was last seen dropping her children off at a daycare in the vicinity of the 3000 block of Dupont Avenue in Belle. Her vehicle was later found abandoned in the vicinity of Wyoming Street and Beuhring Avenue in Charleston.
- Stephen Mitchell, Jr. of Clendenin – Last seen Nov. 15, 2017 at 35 years old
- Mitchell left his home around 10 a.m. Nov. 15, 2017 and hasn’t been seen since. He has scars on his chin and the left side of his rib cage. He has a tattoo of an eight ball on his left leg.
- Mary O’dell of the Belle/Quincy area – Last seen Oct. 14, 1982 at 32 years old.
- Marshall “Andy” Priestly, II of Cross Lanes – Last seen Feb. 29, 2016 at 39 years old
- Breanna Pugh of South Charleston – Last seen April 12, 2018 at 26 years old.
- Pugh was last seen in a black two-door vehicle with an older white male.
- James Quesenberry of Charleston – Last seen April 16, 2022 at 34 years old.
- Quesenberry was last seen April 16, 2022 driving a silver 2012 Ford Focus. According to CPD, there was a recent hit on the license plate recognition system in the Winfield area of Route 35.
- Samuel “Dickie” Riser of Glasgow- Last seen Dec. 11, 2010 at 60 years old
- Considered a Cold Case by the Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office. Riser went to work Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2010 and returned home. Then on Dec. 11, relatives received a call that he hadn’t been to work in three days. His vehicle was at the home, his door was locked and his television was on, but Riser was nowhere to be found. Authorities say foul play is suspected.
- Robert Shaffer of Charleston – Last seen July 1, 2010 at 24 years old
- Shaffer was last seen leaving St. Francis Hospital in Charleston. He has a tattoo of a cross on his inner left forearm and his right arm is shorter than his left arm.
- Mazie Sigmon-Palmer of Charleston – Last seen July 14, 2019 at 24 years old.
- Sigmon-Palmer was last seen with a younger male companion at ‘The Roaring 20s’ bar on Hale Street in Charleston. Both she and the male, identified as John “Jay” Farley, vanished. Authorities connected the two cases in 1980. Farley’s skeletal remains were found in 1984, but there has been no information on what happened to Sigmon-Palmer.
- Lora Skaggs of Charleston – Last seen circa 1948 to 1950 at approximately 27 years old
- Skaggs was last seen hitchhiking either to town to pay a bill or to go to work in Ohio. The exact date of her disappearance is unknown.
- Daryl Smith of Dunbar – Last seen Oct. 2, 2014 at 46 years old
- Smith was last heard from during a phone conversation with his employer. He has a large multicolored tattoo of the Grim Reaper on his upper left arm.
- Gerald Smith of Charleston – Last seen Nov. 5, 2015 at 50 years old.
- Authorities say Smith was last known to be living on the streets in Charleston and had not been seen around the usual places he stays.
- Leo Sweeney of Charleston – Last seen March 1, 2006 at 51 years old
- Vernon Turner of Charleston – Last seen Nov. 11, 2015 at 40 years old
- Daniel Windley of Charleston – Last seen March 29, 2018
- Windley was last seen in Kanawha City behind the Lowe’s along the Kanawha River.
- Starina Woods of Charlesotn – Last seen March 10, 2016 at 34 years old
- Woods was last seen by her husband. Investigators in the case say there was allegedly a “domestic altercation” at their home leading up to her disappearance.
- Mary Geneva Friend of Jan Lew – Last seen Dec. 1, 1999
- Considered a Cold Case by the West Virginia State Police. Friend and Marcus Maxine Stalnaker disappeared from their home on Dec. 1, 1999. Friend’s vehicle was found abandoned in Clarksburg on Dec. 6, 1999.
- Marcus Maxine Stalnaker of Jan Lew – Last seen Dec. 1, 1999
- Considered a Cold Case by the West Virginia State Police. Stalnaker and Mary Geneva Friend disappeared from their home on Dec. 1, 1999. Friend’s vehicle was found abandoned in Clarksburg on Dec. 6, 1999.
- Lonnie Eplin of Hamlin – Last seen Feb. 8, 1997 at 35 years old.
- Amanda Gillenwater of Lincoln County – Last seen April 18, 2022 at 33 years old.
- Gillenwater was last seen Monday, April 18 when she was leaving CAMC General in Charleston. She may also use the last name “Carter.”
- Edward Bartram of Mineral City – Last seen May 19, 2009 at 23 years old.
- James Brady of Logan – Last seen Sept. 1, 1965 at 35 years old.
- Brady was last seen boarding a Trailways bus in Logan and then in Bluefield, Virginia. He never arrived at his sister’s home in South Carolina.
- Wanda Branham of Logan – Last seen Feb. 7, 2017 at 71 years old
- Branham was last seen Feb. 7, 2017 and reported missing Feb. 15, 2017. Witnesses say they saw her sitting in a red 1980s Chevrolet truck between two unknown men.
- Walter Edmunds of Chapmanville – Last seen Dec. 11, 2011 at 79 years old.
- Edmunds was last seen sometime between Dec. 11, 2011 and Dec. 24, 2011. Edmunds has been diagnosed with dementia. His truck was found abandoned near Belle.
- Alfred Gibbons of Chapmanville – Last seen Sept. 1, 1982 at 35 years old.
- Gibbons has a a burn scar on his stomach and a scar from a skin graft on his legs and hips
- Harold Pack of Davin – Last seen Nov. 20, 2012 at 50 years old.
- Steven Berry of Fairmont – Last seen July 24, 1986 at 22 years old
- Berry was last seen leaving his apartment on July 24, 1986. His vehicle was found at the Pittsburgh airport, but there is no evidence he was ever there.
- Christopher “Ryan” Carpenter of Fairmont – Last seen June 19, 2021 at 31 years old.
- He was last seen walking up to an apartment building on Rhea Terrace, but has not been seen or heard from since.
- Justin Michael Davis of Pleasant Valley – Last seen Nov. 4, 2021 at 31 years old.
- Davis was picked up by an unknown driver, but left his phone at the location. He has a tattoo that reads “ANS” on his shoulder, a tattoo of the chemical structure of marijuana on his inner left arm and a tattoo of the Legend of Zelda Triforce symbol on his inner right arm.
- Mary Fiano of Fairmont – Last seen June 1, 1973 at 21 years old.
- Fiano was last known to be living in Fairmont or Morgantown. The exact date of her disappearance is unknown.
- Michael Hayes of Fairmont – Last seen Oct. 24, 2016 at 22 years old.
- Hayes left eye appears smaller due to a surgery and he has small gages in his ears. He has a cross tattoo and a tattoo of the Pittsburgh Pirates “P” logo.
- Bertha Sistrunk of Fairmont – Last seen Sept. 28, 2020 at 78 years old.
- Sistrunk was last seen walking toward her home from Windmill Park in Fairmont. She has not been heard from since.
- Faith Ann Willis of Fairmont – Last seen Aug. 6, 2005 at 21 years old.
- Willis was last seen at a restaurant near Speedway Avenue. She has multiple piercings as well as a tattoo of a sun on her right shoulder and a tattoo of a scorpion on her lower back.
- Nicole Lockhart of Friendly – Last seen April 15, 2015 at 46 years old
- Lockhart was last seen at the Kroger in Moundsville. Authorities say her last known contact with anyone was apparently April 2, 2015. She had been living in Friendly, but also had ties to Weirton and Stubenville, Ohio. Her family is offering a $1,000 for information that helps find her.
- Anita Price of Moundsville – Last seen May 30, 1974 at 25 years old
- Considered a Cold Case by the West Virginia State Police. Price was last seen going to work the Flamingo Club in Benwood, but never arrived. Her vehicle was found along WV Route 2 in McMechan just north of Moundsville. Authorities believe foul play may have been involved.
- William Jeffrey Crawford – Last seen June 17, 2011 at 28 years old.
- Crawford is wanted in the June 2011 murders of Ashley Crawford and Tonda Nelson
- Franklin Jones of Point Pleasant – Last seen Jan. 7, 2009 at 65 years old.
- Sheila Gail Wears Pierce of Point Pleasant – Last seen June 24, 1978 at 24 years old.
- Grace Allison Smith of Gallipolis Ferry – Last seen Feb. 23, 2022 at 35 years old
- Grace Smith was last seen at her father’s home in Gallipolis Ferry on Feb. 23, 2022. Her vehicle was found Feb. 25, 2022 near the TNT area of Mason County with her belongings inside. Search parties continue to look for any sign of Grace in that area. Relatives say her hair is currently dyed grey.
- Jeremy Michael Van Meter of Mason – Last seen September 1, 2006 at 26 years old.
- Van Meter is wanted on a capias for failure to appear in reference to a motion to revoke probation. He has multiple piercings and tattoos.
- Tammy Roberts of Welch – Last seen March 1, 2012 at 41 years old.
- Susan Scearce of Welch – Last seen Jan. 3, 2013 at 51 years old.
- Mark Anthony Cook of Bluefield – Last seen Jan. 14, 1993 at 24 years old
- Cook was last seen around 3 a.m. Jan. 14, 1993 near Pedro’s Bar outside of Bluefield. Witnesses said he was seen walking toward U.S. Route 52.
- James Horne of Princeton – Last seen Feb. 5, 2009 at 55 years old.
- Brenda Gail Lambert of Bluewell – Last seen Oct. 17 1991 at 21 years old
- Lambert disappeared from her home on her son’s 1st birthday. All of her personal belongings were left behind. Her car was in the driveway of her then-boyfriend, Nark Cook, who disappeared five months later.
- Barbara Thompson of Princeton – Last seen Sept. 26, 2011 at 63 years old
- Thompson was last seen around the 200 block of the 12th Street Extension in Princeton around noon Sept. 26, 2011. She does not have a car, but could have left on foot or been picked up by someone. She had not had her medication that day, authorities say.
- Juliette Williams of Oakvale – Last seen Jan. 23, 2020 at 16 years old.
- Juliette may have traveled to North Carolina or Pennsylvania
- Christopher May of Gilbert – Last seen Jan. 2, 2019 at 41 years old
- May was last seen on Little Egypt Road in Gilbert. He has a tattoo of lips on the right side of his neck, a skull on his right forearm and the initials “CCM” and “JLC” on one finger.
- Jerry Lee Cushey of Pennsylvania – Last seen Oct. 12, 2001 at 30 years old
- Considered a Cold Case by the Pennsylvania State Police and West Virginia State Police. Multiple searches for Cushey have been conducted in Cheat Lake and the surrounding areas.
- Marsha Ferber of Morgantown – Last seen April 28, 1988 at 47 years old
- Ferber’s vehicle, purse and belongings were found in Morgantown. She has multiple piercings on each ear.
- Bryn Hargreaves of the United Kingdom – Last seen Jan. 3, 2022 at 36 years old.
- Hargreaves is a former professional rugby player who had moved to West Virginia. He was last seen in the Cheat Lake area. Hargreaves has a tattoo of his family crest on his right arm.
- Charlene Hollenback-Johnson-Satterfield of Morgantown – Last seen March 15, 2010.
- Hollenback’s family says she was last seen in March 2010, but they did have contact with her that June saying they were trying to convince her to come visit her ailing mother. Deputies were not able to locate her during a 2015 wellness check.
- Burl Sapp of Morgantown – Last seen Feb. 15, 2022 at 16 years old
- Darlene Fleshman of Union – Last seen Sept. 15, 2012 at 42 years old
- Fleshman was last seen leaving her home heading toward Roanoke, Virginia.
- Thomas Spangler of Peterstown – Last seen Jan. 1, 2013 at 60 years old
- It is believed Spangler may have been missing for three to four weeks before he was reported missing.
- Dalton “Squeaky” Timothy of Peterstown – Last seen March 26, 2007 at 25 years old.
- Timothy’s vehicle was found abandoned in Peterstown. He has a tattoo that reads “Dalton” on his right arm.
- Linda Emerson of Great Cacapon – Last seen April 21, 2022 at 51 years old.
- Relatives say Emerson was last seen following an argument with her partner. He told authorities he took a nap following their argument and woke to hear her leaving and a car door shutting. Her relatives say she does not drive, so they believe she was picked up by someone. West Virginia State Police say Emerson has warrants for her arrest in New Jersey.
- Melissa Moreland of Berkeley Springs – Last seen Oct. 24, 1987 at 21 years old.
- Moreland left her father’s home on Oct. 23, 1987 and was last seen late that night at the former High’s gas station in Paw Paw. Her parents said they believed she was spending the night with her friend. Authorities say she had lived with her parents in Hampshire County at the time of her disappearance, and would often come and go, so some time passed before she was reported missing.
- Benjamin Timberlake of Berkeley Springs – Last seen Nov. 10, 2021 at 36 years old.
- West Virginia State Police say Timberlake was last seen by his family on Nov. 10, 2021 and no one has been able to contact him since. Troopers say the missing persons report for Timberlake was filed in Feb. 2022.
- John Jesse Willey of Berkeley Springs – Last seen May 9, 2018 at 39 years old
- Willey was last seen leaving his home in the 5200 block of Highland Ridge Road on foot, according to the property owner.
- Michael Dillard of Calvin – Last seen Jan. 12, 2018 at 15 years old.
- Authorities say Michael may have traveled to North Carolina.
- Ronald Seabolt of Richwood – Last seen August 1985 at 36 years old
- Nancy Green of Wheeling – Last seen Sept. 30 2002 at 45 years old.
- Green was last seen at approximately 7:25 a.m. in the 2000 block of Eoff Street in Wheeling. Authorities say she has a 2-inch scar in the shape of a “V” on the front of her right shin
- DeVante Strothers of Wheeling – Last seen March 15, 2021 at 17 years old.
- Robert Spessert of Kingwood – Last seen May 8, 2006 at 64 years old
- Tommy DeBerry of Kingwood – Last seen March 10, 1990 at 17 years old.
- DeBerry was last seen leaving the Pizza Hut in Kingwood where he worked. Authorities say he would regularly walk to his job. DeBerry disappeared within the same timeframe as his uncle Lynn DeBerry, whom he lived with and Dennis Powell. Authorities believe the three cases are connected.
- Lynn DeBerry of Kingwood – Last seen Feb. 28, 1990 at 35 years old
- DeBerry was reported missing at the same time as his nephew Tommy DeBerry who went missing March 10, 1990 at age 17. His nephew had been living with him at the time. Another man, Dennis Powell, also went missing soon after. Authorities believe the three cases are connected.
- Dennis Powell of Kingwood – Last seen March 17, 1990 at 30 years old.
- Powell was last seen sometime between March 17 and March 24 of 1990. He went missing shortly after Lynn DeBerry and Tommy DeBerry. Authorities believe the three cases are connected.
- Lori Sines of Kingwood – Last seen Oct. 13, 2019 at 36 years old
- Sines was last seen in Kingwood, but was also known to frequent the Clarksburg area.
- Charles Hackett of Kingwood – Last seen June 25, 2021 at 40 years old
- Last known to be texting his family on June 25 and 26 of 2021. Relatives said he did not answer his phone June 28 when they called for his birthday. Police pinged his phone and learned it was allegedly located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Natasha “Alex” Carter of Beckley – Last seen Aug. 8, 2000 at 10 years old.
- Natasha Carter, also known as “Alex” was allegedly taken by her mother Susan Gail Carter, who may also be using the alias “Susan Gail Carter Webb,” during a custody dispute with Alex’s father. A warrant for kidnapping was issued for Susan on Nov. 13, 2000. They may have traveled out of state and may have been accompanied by an adult male. In December 2021, the FBI announced a reward of $10K for information that leads to a resolution in the case.
- Ardie Curry of Glen White – Last seen April 14, 2017 at 74 years old
- Curry had been staying with a friend during which time the friend became hospitalized. Curry’s sister who lived across the street realized he was no longer there, but assumed he was staying with another friend, so authorities say it was some time later when they realized he was missing. Curry has a glass left eye and a tattoo of a cross on his left arm.
- Tammy Daniel of Beckley – Last seen June 2, 1987 at 24 years old.
- Police say Daniel was at the El Cid Club in Beckley on June 2, 1987 when her parents picked her up at 3 a.m. and drove her back to her trailer. That was the last time they saw her. Authorities say the door had been locked, so Daniel stayed in a tent in the yard. Her parents visited the next morning but she wasn’t home. Authorities say her husband said he asked her to leave and did not know where she was. A missing person’s report was filed four days later.
- William “Nick” Daniel of Beckley – Last seen July 22, 2014 at 36 years old.
- Daniel was last seen at a Walgreen’s Pharmacy shortly around 12:30 p.m. July 22, 2014. His vehicle was found in a Go-Mart parking lot two days later.
- Angela “Cherice” Gwin-Stephens of Beckley – Last seen Oct. 1, 1993 at 23 years old
- Gwin-Stephens dropped her husband off at work at the Industrial park in Beckley and has not been seen or heard from since. Friends and family call her by the name “Cherice.”
- Roy “Glenn” Mahan of Eccles – Last seen Feb. 10, 2020 at 52 years old
- Mahan left his home in Soak Creek around 10:30 p.m. Feb. 10, 2020, in his maroon 2009 Subaru Forester. He was last seen around Eccles at approximately 1 a.m. the next morning.
- Juanita Reedy of Beckley – Last seen Nov. 9, 1979 at 36 years old
- Dakota McCune of Elkins – Last seen July 22, 2020 at 16 years old
- Ryan Welch of Elkins – Last seen Dec. 3, 2021 at 16 years old
- Authorities say Welch may have headed toward Valley Head, West Virginia
- John Paul Devaughn of Cornwallis – Last seen Sept. 30, 1988 at 36 years old.
- John DeMarino of Parkersburg – Last seen Jan. 30, 2019 at 51 years old
- DeMarino left his mother’s home in Spencer where he had been staying at approximately 10:30 p.m. Jan. 30, 2019 and drove her 2015 silver Ford Escape to Mike’s Bar and Grill in Parkersburg. Authorities say while at the bar, he went to the restroom but hasn’t been seen or heard from since. The vehicle was found at a Love’s Truck Stop in Conneaut, Ohio on Feb. 8, 2015, where employees said it had been for about three or four days.
- Carl Barksdale, Jr. of Clendenin – Last seen Sept. 5, 1994 at 62 years old
- Earnest Francis of Sistersville – Last seen May 4, 2011 at 32 years old
- Clarden Rowen, Jr. of Buckhannon – Last seen Jan. 29, 1991 at 40 years old.
- Clarden Rowen, Jr., who is also known as “Bill” or “Buck” was last seen at his home in Buckhannon around 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Clarden has a scar on his right hand between his thumb and forefinger. The West Virginia State Police say the circumstances surrounding his disappearance are “suspicious.”
- Luke David Stout of Buckhannon – Last seen July 7, 2012 at 24 years old.
- Oakley McKee of Wayne – Last seen June 25, 1992 at 69 years old
- Lulu Sharp of Kenova – Last seen Nov. 9, 2009 at 49 years old.
- Sharp was last seen at Rollins Funeral Home where she had been attending a funeral.
- Bonnie Hutton of New Martinsville – Last seen Feb. 13, 1983 at 44 years old.
- Shane “Saint” Deenis of Parkersburg – Last seen Dec. 15, 2013 at 25 years old.
- Dennis was last known to be at his home Dec. 15, 2013, but has not been heard from since. Authorities say he may have been heading to Florida.
- Melvin Delong of Parkersburg – Last seen Jan. 1, 1993 at 58 years old.
- Mark Green of Davisville – Last seen Aug. 7, 2020 at 58 years old.
- Authorities say Green’s sister last spoke to him by phone on Aug. 7, 2020. The following day, a note and will were found at his home in Wood County. Authorities say Green is familiar with the rural areas of Wood, wort and Ritchie counties.
- Glenn Gilbert of Davisville – Last seen March 1, 2006 at 41 years old
- Authorities say Gilbert is wanted by US Marshals. Prior to his disappearance, he was known to frequent Parkersburg, Clarksburg and Tyler County.
- Kimberly Sue Jones of Parkersburg – Last seen Feb. 3, 2009 at 25 years old
- The West Virginia State Police says Jones may be with a male named “Jack Crone,” the father of her child. She was last seen being picked up at her Pinewood Village Apartments. She told her family she had agreed to a dinner invitation from the Crone family, but has not been seen since. She did not take her belongings and expected to return home. There is a $25,000 reward for information leading to her whereabouts.
- Brenda Lee Mackey of Walker – Last seen May 19, 2015 at 48 years old.
- Last seen at her home in Walker. West Virginia State Police say her friends and family say she had been “consuming alcoholic beverages” with them when a verbal argument reportedly ensued. She reportedly walked off sometime after 8 p.m. and hasn’t been seen or heard from since.
- Richard Zoller of Williamstown – Last seen Nov. 26, 2021 at 66 years old
- Authorities say Zoller lives in his car and doesn’t stay in one place long, but he hasn’t been heard from since around Thanksgiving of 2021.
- Sherry Myers of Oceana – Last seen Aug. 11, 2011 at 34 years old
- Frank Angle of Brenton – Last seen Nov. 16 2002 at 68 years old
- Brian Cook of Oceana – Last seen July 28, 2011 at 37 years old.
- Jon-Curtis Lee Harmon of Gallipolis – Last seen Feb. 21, 2021 at 17 years old.
- Koby Roush – Last seen July 5, 2020 at 24 years old
- Roush was last seen in Jackson, Ohio, but his vehicle was later found abandoned in Gallia County.
- Sharon Yoczik of Gallipolis – Last seen March 22, 2013 at 67 years old
- Yoczik was last seen March 22, 2013 and has a series of health issues that are a cause for concern. Her glasses were found near an Ohio River access point.
- Patricia Ann Donaldson of Ray – Last seen Aug. 27, 2009 at 33 years old
- Donaldson is described as having long black hair, a light-colored birthmark on her upper abdomen and a scar on her lower abdomen as well as a scar from a C-section. One of her front teeth was broken as a child and the repaired tooth is a slightly different color than her other teeth.
- Joanna Marie Jenkins of Oak Hill – Last seen Nov. 1, 1977 at 23 years old
- Jenkins was last seen at the Bridge Inn in Jackson County.
- Kaitlen Clark of South Point – Last seen April 6, 2021 at 17 years old
- Devon Everage of South Point – Last seen Sept. 13, 2015 at 28 years old
- Everage has not been seen or heard from since 2015. He had worked for a period of time at Armstrong Cable and at O’Charley’s in in Barboursville.
- Christopher Lee Haas of Scottown – Last seen July 15, 2010 at 37 years old
- Haas was last seen at the R&R Grocery on Greasy Ridge Road. His vehicle was found abandoned at John’s Creek on July 16, 2010. At the time he was last seen, Haas was wearing camouflage shorts and flip flops. He had a blue shirt with him, but was not wearing it. He has a tattoo on his left arm and a piercing on his left ear.
- Brayden Hall of South Point – Last seen Dec. 16, 2020 at 12 years old
- Minnie Johnson of Ironton – Last seen Jan. 8, 2000 at 37 years old
- Johnson was last seen in Ironton wearing a peach and beige jogging suit.
- Mary Sloan (Beckett) of Proctorville – Last seen April 3, 1994 at 44 years old
- Sloan was last seen at a local bank in Proctorville on April 3, 1994. The last day she had reported to work at St. Mary’s Hospital was March 30, 1994. Her vehicle was later found at the Greyhound Bus Station in Charleston, West Virginia. She is also known at Mary Beckett
- Diamond Glenn of Pomeroy – Last seen July 15, 2007 at age 24 years old
- Lori Ann Blevins – Last seen January 1, 1984 at 16 years old
- Melissa J. Blevins (Newlan) of Portsmouth – Last seen February 21, 2010 at 31 years old
- Blevins was last seen heading to the store from her home in Portsmouth. Authorities say she may be in the Kentucky area.
- Ariana Debra Dickess of Wheelersburg – Last seen Aug. 13, 2021 at 15 years old.
- Ariana has a cross-shaped tattoo on her right middle finger and a heart-shaped tattoo on her left wrist. She also has a tongue piercing.
- Kayla Marie Eitel of Sciotoville – Last seen Jan. 4, 2016 at 25 years old.
- Kayla has multiple tattoos including a heart with the name “Shaylyn” on her left shoulder, stars above each breast, stars wrapping around her right side and stars on her left thumb.
- Angela Kay Holsinger of Portsmouth – Last seen June 2, 1998 at 30 years old
- Holsinger was last seen in the vicinity of the 1200 block of 9th street in Portsmouth. She left home with an unidentified male acquaintance. Authorities say he is the prime suspect in her disappearance. Her sister, Tina Holsinger, was murdered in 1995, but it is unclear if Tina’s murder is connected to Angela’s disappearance. She has the name “Rob” tattooed on her left shoulder, a scar on her left elbow and a scar on her back.
- Megan Nicole Lancaster of Portsmouth – Last seen April 3, 2013 at 25 years old
- Lancaster was last seen in the Wheelersburg area. Authorities say she may have been abducted. She has a birthmark on the upper left side of her stomach, a tattoo with colorful angel wings on her right shoulder with the word “Rhys” in cursive writing.
- Sasha Marcum of Portsmouth – Last seen Jan. 27, 2022 at 16 years old
- Hilda Marcum of Portsmouth – Last seen May 28, 1989 at 43 years old
- Marcum was with a female friend at the Tugboat Tavern in Portsmouth and left of her own accord. She has not been seen or heard from since.
- Donald Sharp of West Portsmouth – Last seen Feb. 1, 1976 at 18 years old
- Sharp went camping alone in Shawnee State Park. He was dropped off with a designated pick-up time. He had a back pack that had a couple changes of clothing, writing papers and utensils and his violin. When his brothers came to pick him up, he was not there. He lived in Newport, Kentucky at the time he disappeared.
- Isiah Tibbs of Wheelersburg – Last seen July 3, 2021 at 15 years old
- William C. Bush of McArthur – Last seen May 5, 1998 at 38 years old
- Dixie Barker of Ashland – Last seen Feb. 8, 1983 at 56 years old.
- Barker was last seen in the vicinity of her trailer park in the 3400 block of South 29th Street
- James Bess of Ashland – Last seen Oct. 4, 1984 at 14 years old
- James Bess and Chipley Sanders were last seen together at a home in the 1300 block of 13th Street . James has a scar on the right side of his waist and his eyes are grayish-blue.
- Chipley Sanders of Ashland – Last seen Oct. 4, 1984 at 13 years old
- Chipley Sanders and James Bess were last seen together at a home in the 1300 block of 13th Street . Chipley has a pale birthmark on his back over his left shoulder.
- Janet Stephens-Brown of Ashland – Last seen Oct. 14, 2009 at 25 years old
- Stephens-Brown was last seen at the Jr. Foodmart on 29th Street in Ashland. She may have been seen at the Vincent Apartments Parking Lot in Ashland on Nov. 11, 2009. Her tattoos include two hearts on each forearm and an “Ashley,” “Michael,” and “Sugar and Spice” tattoo on her right shoulder blade.
- Edward Tate, Jr. of Ashland – Last seen March 7, 2021 at 31 years old.
- Tate was last seen near the intersection of Highway 60 and Marsh Hill Drive. He had left around 9:30 a.m. to pick up food for his family, but never returned. He has a tattoo that reads “TATER” on his neck and another of a rebel flag on his left shoulder.
- Richard Lea of Grayson – Last seen Sept. 3, 2018 at 62 years old.
- Lea was last seen at the Grayson Lake Marina parking lot area after a day on the lake with family. He was walking slightly ahead of them toward the bathroom, but was not there when his wife and son went to check on him. Multiple agencies joined in the search to locate Lea, including helicopters, foot teams, UTVs, sonar, divers and helicopters. Area hospitals and homeless shelters were also contacted. At the time of his disappearance, Lea reportedly had been diagnosed with early onset frontal lob dementia and was mostly non-verbal. He also has a reddish birthmark on his upper right cheek.
- Melina Gagne of Sandy Hook – Last seen May 1, 2018 at 37 years old.
- Gagne last had contact with a friend on May 1, 2018. She has a Tweety Bird tattoo on her left ankle, a small butterfly tattoo on her right shoulder and a dragonfly tattoo on her foot.
- Michael Allen of Langley – Last seen May 30, 2001 at 26 years old.
- Langley was last seen getting into a red pickup truck at his home with an unknown person.
- Krista Garrett of Prestonsburg – Last seen Aug. 30, 2019 at 32 years old.
- Garrett was last seen by a relative at the Marathon Gas Station on KY 114 in Prestonsburg. She was alone and on foot. She has a tattoo that says “Charlie” on the left side of her neck, a frog tattoo on her left foot and a butterfly tattoo on her right shoulder.
- Kandi Gonzalez of Prestonsburg – Last seen June 1, 2021 at 36 years old
- Gonzalez was last seen at a home on Abbott Creek Road in Prestonsburg. Video from around that time shows her wandering through a neighbors backyard looking disoriented.
- Mitchell Manns – Last seen March 16, 1990
- Manns was last seen allegedly enroute to McDowell Hospital in Floyd County, but never arrived.
- Allen Garred of Greenup – Last seen March 31, 2006 at 47 years old
- Garred was last seen walking on Winifred Street. He has a three-inch scar on his left cheek, a scar on his abdomen, a scar on his left wrist, a scar on his neck and on each eye.
- Ruvil Hale of Paintsville – Last seen July 3, 1990 at 43 years old
- Hale disappeared from the Paintsville Health Care Center on July 3, 1990. He has a discoloration on his right cheek and a scar on his head.
- Casey Collins of Louisa – Last seen Jan. 2, 2017 at 38 years old.
- Collins was last seen with a group of friends out partying but he never returned home.
- Ruben Kinney of Vanceburg – Last seen Sept. 3, 1975 at 62 years old
- Kinney was last seen in Goodwin Branch Hollow. One of his legs was broken when he was a child, and it never properly healed because he was not seen by a medical professional.
- Lloyd McKinney of Vanceburg – Last seen April 10, 1998 at 30 years old
- McKinney was last seen near a campsite in an area where the Ohio River’s backwaters sometimes rise to.
- Derryl Miller of Inez – Last seen Dec. 30, 2005 at 20 years old.
- Miller reportedly requires medication and was allegedly suicidal at the time of his disappearance. He has a “DJ” tattoo on the back of his neck, a heart on his shoulder, a Baby Devil on his upper left arm, a little devil on his right shoulder and a devil coming out of skin on his right forearm.
- Adam Daniels of Majestic – Last seen May 2, 2002 at 24 years old.
- Daniels was last seen in a vehicle traveling along KY 194 East during a flood. That vehicle was swept away by flood waters, and it is believed he was inside the vehicle. Search efforts led to no information about his whereabouts.
- Crystal Hall of Pikeville – Last seen March 1, 2009 at 24 years old
- Hall was last known to be home in her apartment while talking to a friend on her phone when she stated someone was coming in the back door. She has not been seen or heard from since and all of her belongings were in the apartment the next day. She has a tattoo that reads “Willy” on the bottom of her left leg and a heart on the top of her right arm.
- Valorie Hunt of Mouthcard – Last seen July 30, 2020 at 39 years old
- Hunt was last seen at her home by her husband. He said she left in the early morning by vehicle, but could not see who was in the vehicle she left in.
- Jimmy Kelley of Elkhorn City – Last seen June 12, 2013 at 40 years old
- Kelley was last seen in the Elkhorn Creek area of Pike County. His vehicle was found abandoned on Kelly Mountain. He has a tattoo on his left forearm that reads “Eddy.”
- Glinver “Glen” Osborne of Virgie – Last seen March 2, 2006 at 67 years old
- Osborn was last seen at the Weddington Plaza in Coal Run on March 2, 2006. He was reported missing on March 5, 2006. His truck was found abandoned in the Weddington Square Shopping Center parking lot. A friend allegedly claimed to have picked him up from the area.
- Joshua Tessmer of Pikeville – Last seen Jan. 8, 2009 at 19 years old
- Tessmer was last known to be at the Green Meadow Country Club in the vicinity of the 6000 block of North Mayo Trail in Pikeville. It is believed he may have walked toward the river and accidentally fallen in near the bank of Levisa Fork. His cap was found in the area and extensive searches have been conducted.