LEXINGTON, KY (AP) – A first-year University of Kentucky student has died after being found unresponsive at a fraternity house, and the coroner’s office said the student died from “presumed alcohol toxicity.”
Fayette County Coroner Gary Ginn told news outlets that the student was 18-year-old Thomas “Lofton” Hazelwood of Henderson. Toxicology test results are pending.
The student was a member of FarmHouse Fraternity. University spokesman Jay Blanton said campus police were called to the fraternity around 6:20 p.m. Monday. Blanton says the student was taken to a hospital, but attempts to revive him were unsuccessful.
Police are investigating. Blanton said Hazelwood was majoring in agricultural economics.