LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) – Police in Kentucky say two teenagers have died and a third was injured in a shooting in Lexington.
Lexington police spokeswoman Brenna Angel says in a news release that witnesses saw shots fired from an SUV into a passenger car on Saturday along a street.
Angel says three occupants in the car were taken to a Lexington hospital. All were 18-year-old males. The two victims pronounced dead have been identified by the Fayette County Coroner’s Office as Dwayne Slaughter and Darrian Webb.
The condition of the third shooting victim wasn’t immediately known.
Police are looking for the SUV. The shooting remains under investigation.
- Pomeroy local landmark catches fire early Sunday morning
- UPDATE: Man dies in Boone County crash
- Charleston Police release 2019 ‘Year End Report’ showing less crime in Capital City
- Deputies: Poca man wanted in pursuit
- Principal of Woodrow Wilson High releases official statement regarding fight at rivalry game
- Police searching for escaped Charleston inmate
- ACTC students voice concerns on unkept promises by Braidy Industries
- UPDATE: One dead after Route 60 crash in Kanawha County
- Hospital uses girl’s heartbeat to create song for her grieving family
- Governor (and Coach) Justice responds to “thugs” remarks