FLEMINGSBURG, KY. (Lexington Herald-Leader) — A couple was killed in a traffic accident after leaving their son’s high school graduation ceremony.
Kentucky State Police say the family’s car collided with a pickup truck Saturday in Flemingsburg.
The car’s driver, 53-year-old Nancy Barnett of Ewing, was pronounced dead at the scene. Her husband, 56-year-old Lyndon Barnett, later died at the University of Kentucky Hospital.
The Lexington Herald-Leader reported that the crash occurred shortly after 18-year-old Dalton Barnett attended his graduation ceremony at Fleming County High School.
Dalton Barnett and his 26-year-old brother were passengers in the car. They were taken to the University of Kentucky Hospital for treatment of their injuries.
- Sheriff: Phone scammers pretending to be deputies
- Parents need help flying preemie babies born in Utah home to Florida
- Man says he was threatened with noose, called racial slurs
- COVID-19 can float in the air, and the WHO should clearly tell people that, experts say
- Coronavirus in Ohio Monday update: 57,956 total cases, 2,927 deaths
- Coronavirus House Calls returns in primetime special ‘Combating the Comeback’
- Feeling short-changed? COVID-19 causing nationwide coin shortage
- No more delays — July 15 is Tax Day. What to know about the deadline
- WV Gov. Justice orders masks in buildings
- Country rocker and fiddler Charlie Daniels dies at age 83