Boy, 11, dies from apparent allergic reaction to smell of cooking fish

NEW YORK, NY (WTVO) – An 11-year-old boy died in his Brooklyn home on Tuesday after experiencing what authorities believe to have been an allergic reaction to the smell of fish being cooked in his home.

The Daily News reports that Camron Jean-Pierre was found unconscious and unresponsive around 7:30 p.m. Monday at his home on East 82nd Street in Canarsie.

Jean-Pierre’s family told police they were cooking seafood when he had a reaction. His parents allegedly hooked him up to a medical device but he lost consciousness. It was not made clear what the medical device was.

The boy was rushed to Brookdale Hospital, but could not be revived.

The city’s medical examiner is working to provide the exact cause of death.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the FREE WOWK 13 News App

Washington DC Bureau

More Washington DC Bureau

Don't Miss