Huntington, W.Va. (WOWK) The Huntington Fire Department responded to fire a little before 11 p.m. Thursday night at the Cabell-Wayne Association of the Blind Building at the corner of 1st Street and 4th Avenue.
The building was filled up with smoke, but there were no visible flames from the street level, according to a 13 News reporter who was at the scene.
Fire officials who were on the scene said nobody was inside the building, and no injuries were reported.
The fire was contained quickly by the fire department, and it didn’t spread to any other structures.
The cause of the fire has not been disclosed at this time by the Huntington Fire Department.
- Mountaineer Foodbank hosts mobile food pantry for a community in need
- Shake Shoppe hosts fundraiser for WV Habitat for Humanity
- Multiple fire departments battle Kanawha County fire
- Senators push to make New River Gorge a national park and preserve
- President Trump authorizes additional disaster assistance for historic 2016 flood
- Basketball team wins fight to play in tournament
- Marshall University to play East Carolina in memory of 75 who died in plane crash
- WV House wants criminal investigation of hospital closures
- PTSD Bill passes WV House of Delegates
- “Friends” is getting a reunion