ELKVIEW, WV (WOWK) – Crews are working to clean up a large slide in Elkview.
The West Virginia Division of Highways is working to clean up Blue Creek Road, off U.S. Route 119.
Our DOH workers have been on this site since last night and are doing everything they can. There are 3 rather large sites of instability and they appear to be converging together. The game plan is to continue removing the slide material as safely as possible, and once we make some progress, attempt to put some barriers up and get one lane open. It would be helpful, though, if the rain would subside.Deputy Commissioner Jimmy Wriston, P.E
The department is working with the Kanawha County OEM and other partners to work on a detour should emergency vehicles be notified to allow residents of Blue Creek to travel freely.
- Update: Detectives investigating after body found in Kanawha County
- Heat wave keeping its grip on the tri-state
- Friends of Portsmouth set up ‘Light Up the Sky’ fireworks event
- WATCH: Fabulous Fourth of July Fireworks
- WATCH AGAIN: Fireworks in downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Mountain State sees Saturday increase in COVId-19 cases
- Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded
- Fireworks return to Mount Rushmore
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 56,183 cases, 2,907 deaths
- Cast your vote: All-Mountaineer Kicking Specialist