MOUNT ZION, WV (WOWK) - A Calhoun County man was arrested for having more than 140 destructive/explosive devices in his closet.
Ricky Boatright, 51, of Mount Zion, West Virginia has been charged with 143 counts of illegal possession of destructive devices.
According to a criminal complaint, at around Noon on Wednesday, March 14th, 2018 a search warrant was executed at Boatright's house by the Calhoun County Sheriff's Department.
- 52 Electric Blasting Caps (Peach Leg Wire, Copper Caps)
- Around 90 Non-Electric (Dupont Brand) Aluminum Caps
- A 6" Home Made "M80" Hobbie Fuse
- Around 50' Time Fuse used for Non-Electric Caps
All of these items were found in a wooden box in the Closet of Boatright's bedroom.
The West Virginia State Fire Marshall Office says that Boatright did not possess a permit to have the devices.
SCSO: Man Shot Neighbor over Grass
WVSP: Man Overdosed with Kid in Hot Car
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Family: Suspect in daughter's killing in Germany 'peaceful'
- Vettel takes pole for German GP; Hamilton down in 14th
- Astronaut drops in on Kraftwerk gig, plays duet from space
- Fiat Chrysler board meets in light of CEO's surgery