ATHENS COUNTY, OH (WOWK) – Ohio State Troopers are investigating a crash that killed a Franklin County, Ohio man in the early hours of Sunday morning.
According to police, Asher J. Messer, 19, of Grove City, Ohio, lost control of his car as he traveled east on United States Route 33 near Hawks Nest Road in Alexander Township. Messer’s car then crossed into the path of a pickup driven by Joseph C. Fletcher, 32, of Milford, Michigan.
The impact caused Fletcher’s pickup to overturn and it came to rest on its side. Debris from the crash also struck the pickup driven by John C. Dozbush, 53 of Reford, Michigan.
The Athens County Coroner Office pronounced Messer at the scene. Athens County EMS transported Fletcher to Ohio Health O’Bleness Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Dozbush did not suffer injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 1,294 new cases, 16 additional deaths
- More CPD officers test positive for COVID
- Mid-American Conference cancels fall football due to virus
- 22nd annual Logan Shrine Club Memorial golf outing to benefit children suffering from diseases
- Cupcake shop celebrates 10 year anniversary
- 13 News Now webcast, Friday, Aug. 7: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- WV Corrections continues close watch on COVID-19 numbers at jail
- Shop back to school: tax-free holiday weekend begins in Ohio
- Pioneer Football League cancels Fall league schedule
- WVSU students react to potential TikTok ban