MARTIN COUNTY, Ky. (WOWK) – The residents of a small Martin County city have voted not to dissolve the city of Inez.
The final tally in the vote was 115 ‘no’ and 46 ‘yes’ votes to dissolve the city.
According to WYMT, the petition stated that the services provided by the city of Inez are not worth the cost to taxpayers.
Some of these services include trash pickup, snow plowing and street-cleaning.
More Your Local Election Headquarters Stories
- West Virginia Primary Election delayed; Schools delayed, too
- How to vote in Ohio’s extended 2020 primary election
- Everyone is West Virginia urged to vote by absentee ballot
- Ohio sets all-mail primary April 28; in-person voting off
- WV primary election still on for May 12th, but many more may vote absentee
- Biden wins Florida, Illinois as coronavirus disrupts voting
- Ohio’s postponed primary: What’s next for voters?
- Health chief halts Ohio primary; 3 other states forge ahead
- Ohio Democrats support postponement of state primary
- AP sources: Biden requests protection from Secret Service