MARTIN COUNTY, Ky. (WOWK) – The residents of a small Martin County city have voted not to dissolve the city of Inez.
The final tally in the vote was 115 ‘no’ and 46 ‘yes’ votes to dissolve the city.
According to WYMT, the petition stated that the services provided by the city of Inez are not worth the cost to taxpayers.
Some of these services include trash pickup, snow plowing and street-cleaning.
More Your Local Election Headquarters Stories
- More candidates file for West Virginia Governor
- Senate hopeful speaks to community leaders
- Filing for public office in 2020 elections opens in West Virginia
- 13 presidential candidates certified to be on Ohio’s 2020 primary election ballot
- Del. Wilson switches from Republican to Independent
- Trump campaign files paperwork to be on 2020 Ohio ballot
- Democrat Andy Beshear sworn in as Kentucky governor
- Ohio IDs 350 non-citizens who voted or registered in 2018
- Oldaker wins Chesapeake mayoral race
- Boyd County vote recanvass shows same election results