MARTIN COUNTY, Ky. (WOWK) – The residents of a small Martin County city have voted not to dissolve the city of Inez.
The final tally in the vote was 115 ‘no’ and 46 ‘yes’ votes to dissolve the city.
According to WYMT, the petition stated that the services provided by the city of Inez are not worth the cost to taxpayers.
Some of these services include trash pickup, snow plowing and street-cleaning.
More Your Local Election Headquarters Stories
- West Virginia prepares for Early Voting kick-off on Wednesday
- What to expect when heading to the polls for in-person voting
- WV Early voting begins tomorrow, more than 130K absentee ballots requested
- Two weeks away: These are the key dates heading to Election Day
- West Virginia Council of Churches urges peace ahead of 2020 election
- President Trump and Joe Biden campaign in battleground states
- Decision day going postal: Will mail-in ballots be delivered on time?
- Watch: Trump tries to explain low fundraising numbers
- Ex-House speaker runs for re-election despite federal charges
- Justice names Zachary Perry to replace John Mandt in 16th District