KANAWHA COUNTY, WV (WOWK) - UPDATE:
The Charleston Police Department says that the investigation into the matter at George Washington High School has been completed.
CPD says that no criminal charges will be filed and the threat of the school shooting appears to be unfounded.
The school resource officer will be on hand and extra uniformed police patrols will continue throughout the school day to help alleviate any concerns.
A social media threat has prompted an increase in police presence at a local high school.
According to a spokesperson at Kanawha County Schools, Kanawha County Schools learned of a threat made toward George Washington High School for Thursday morning late yesterday evening.
As a result, law enforcement is investigating the incident.
The person that made the threat has been identified by police.
Kanawha County Schools says they are taking all necessary precautions to prevent the threat from occurring, and law enforcement will be at the school tomorrow as a precaution.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Family: Suspect in daughter's killing in Germany 'peaceful'
- Vettel takes pole for German GP; Hamilton down in 14th
- Astronaut drops in on Kraftwerk gig, plays duet from space
- Fiat Chrysler board meets in light of CEO's surgery