COLUMBUS (WCMH) -- The Columbus Division of Police has released body camera footage of officers administering Narcan to one of their fellow officers after he came in contact with an unknown drug during an arrest Sunday.
A sergeant on scene asked the woman who was arrested what the substance was. She told him it was allegedly metamphetamine mixed with something else.
The sergeant and another officer opened their Narcan kits to administer to the affected officer, who is seen sitting in his car.
The officers help the affected officer get out of the car and lie down while he coughs and retches.
"Help's on the way, buddy! You're all right," says the sergeant. "Take some deep breaths, buddy."
"I felt like rubber," says the ill officer. "My whole body."
A medic arrives to take the officer to the hospital towards the end of the video.
1 Person Dead After Lens Creek Rd. Crash
Police pursuit in Kentucky ends in...
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: Putin ready to meet Trump in Paris next month
- Fierce Hurricane Willa closes in on Mexican resort area
- Markets Right Now: Stocks fall sharply on Wall Street
- VP Pence: Khashoggi's death will not go without US response