FRANKFORT, KY (AP) – Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear says a fire has broken out at an eastern Kentucky prison.
The governor said Friday that the fire forced authorities to relocate about 500 inmates. He says no injuries have been reported from the fire at the Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex.
It’s a medium-security facility in Morgan County.
Beshear says authorities believe the cause was “mechanical in nature.” Officials say the inmates were moved to a gymnasium on the prison grounds.
- ‘The Maker’s Center’ innovates as it creates PPE for front-line heroes
- Severe Storms Possible Late Tuesday-Early Wednesday
- Australian court dismisses cardinal’s sex abuse convictions
- Researchers turn CPAP machines into ventilators
- Actor Matthew McConaughey plays virtual bingo with seniors in isolation
- Michigan deputies make deliveries to citizens who are unable to get needed items themselves
- ICYMI: April 6 tristate COVID-19 update
- ‘Let’s hurry up!’: W.Va. Senator calling governor to put unemployment claims first
- CDC tips about cloth face coverings
- Kitties take over the Georgia Aquarium