INDIANAPOLIS (WXIN) — The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is investigating three separate deadly downtown shootings that occurred over the weekend.
One of the victims was 38-year-old Christopher Beaty.
Police said he suffered multiple gunshot wounds just before midnight Sunday and died at the scene.
Beaty was a defensive lineman on the Indiana University football team from 2000 to 2004. He ran a company called Fresh Marketing, a “lifestyle” marketing firm.
Police were working to determine what led to the shooting. No arrests have been made.
In two other shootings, 18-year-old Dorian Murrell and 30-year-old William Scott III died Sunday morning from gunshot wounds, authorities said.
- Update: Detectives investigating after body found on 4th of July
- Heat wave keeping its grip on the tri-state
- Friends of Portsmouth set up ‘Light Up the Sky’ fireworks event
- WATCH: Fabulous Fourth of July Fireworks
- WATCH AGAIN: Fireworks in downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Mountain State sees Saturday increase in COVId-19 cases
- Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded
- Fireworks return to Mount Rushmore
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 56,183 cases, 2,907 deaths
- Cast your vote: All-Mountaineer Kicking Specialist