OAK HILL, WV (WVNS) — A long time West Virginia politician and broadcaster has passed away. Friends and family are sharing their memories of Shirley Love who died on Friday, July 17, 2020.
Love was born in Oak Hill and graduated from Collins High School in 1952. He was a local broadcast personality in Fayette County before moving into politics.
He represented Fayette County in the West Virginia Legislature as the Senator for District 11 from 1994 to 2008 and was later a delegate for District 32 from 2016-2018. He ran for U.S. Congress in 2018 but was defeated by Richard Ojeda in the Democratic Primary.
- Hurricane woman transforms sinkhole into ‘wildlife oasis’
- County school systems approve re-entry plans
- KCHD offers free COVID-19 testing
- Governor’s Office looking at COVID-19 outbreaks in southern counties
- 13 News Now webcast, Monday, August 3rd, 2020: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- Once Isaias moves out, our weather will warm up again
- Fayette County woman battles end-stage liver disease, looking for donors
- Kanawha County school re-entry plan approved
- Interactive Roster Breakdown: Tight ends
- ‘Serious threat to livestock’ found in Gallia County