CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – Relying on chain grocery stores for fresh produce is an issue for many on Charleston’s West Side. Now, a well-known mom and pop operation is helping to solve the problem.
Cucumbers, bananas, apples, peaches; they are just some of the many items you will find at Parsons Produce. After being in business at Charleston’s Capitol Market for 23 years, they decided to give it a go on Charleston’s West Side.
“We just decided to open our own business, and support the local people down here.”Sandra Parsons, Owner
- Honda recalls 1.6M vans and SUVs in US
- LIVE: Olympics difficult to hold without a vaccine; athletes get financial boost as training continues
- Well-known acrobat handcuffed at Myrtle Beach over thong ordinance; video goes viral
- USDA to conduct vaccine in Ohio, WV to combat wildlife rabies
- More than half of American adults have experienced a loss of income because of COVID-19
- Which type of face mask is most effective?
- Abuse reporting system now practiced by Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston
- Second stimulus checks: Progress slow on virus relief bill with $1,200 payments
- Watch Live: Isaias downgraded to tropical storm over eastern N. Carolina
- Local church set to hold blood drive Tuesday