FRANKFORT, KY (WOWK) – Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear confirmed an additional 619 cases of the coronavirus, bringing the state’s total to 28,727. He said the state’s positive percentage rate went up today to 5.81%.
He also confirmed five new deaths related to the virus, bringing the state’s total to 724.
Secretary J. Michael Brown said a total of 811 inmates and 122 prison staff members have tested positive for COVID-19. To date, the prison system has seen eight deaths.
Beshear also confirmed a slight data breach of the state’s employment system. However, he said only employer and possible health information was obtained by the hackers. He says no financial data was compromised.
- Charleston YWCA works to overcome COVID-19 challenges
- Ohio representatives: Eviction crisis looming
- New Cheetos mac and cheese hitting Walmart shelves this weekend nationwide
- Nitro Mission Team hosts first community-wide free food giveaway
- Charleston, WV: The fastest shrinking small city in the United States
- First monument honoring a woman to be unveiled at Kentucky State Capitol
- Gov. Justice unveils WV school reopening plans
- Nearly 900 total COVID-19 cases in Kanawha County
- Wedding photographer captures Beirut explosion
- Virus testing in the US is dropping, even as deaths mount