CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources reports as of 5:00 p.m., on May 23, there have been 84,677 total confirmatory laboratory results received for COVID-19, with 1,729 total cases and 72 deaths.
The state’s cumulative percent positive test results rate currently stands at 2.04%.
According to the WV DHHS, 1,118 Mountain State residents have recovered from the coronavirus. That’s more than double the number of the reported active cases.
In alignment with updated definitions from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the dashboard now includes probable cases which are individuals that have symptoms and either serologic (antibody) or epidemiologic (e.g., a link to a confirmed case) evidence of disease, but no confirmatory test.
State confirmed cases per county (case confirmed by lab test/probable case) include: Barbour (7/0), Berkeley (260/10), Boone (9/0), Braxton (2/0), Brooke (3/0), Cabell (57/2), Calhoun (2/0), Clay (2/0), Fayette (43/1), Gilmer (9/0), Grant (8/1), Greenbrier (9/0), Hampshire (15/0), Hancock (16/2), Hardy (36/0), Harrison (38/1), Jackson (135/0), Jefferson (143/3), Kanawha (208/2), Lewis (5/0), Lincoln (5/0), Logan (16/0), Marion (48/0), Marshall (27/0), Mason (16/0), McDowell (6/0), Mercer (13/0), Mineral (36/2), Mingo (4/1), Monongalia (120/1), Monroe (6/1), Morgan (17/0), Nicholas (10/0), Ohio (38/0), Pendleton (8/1), Pleasants (3/1), Pocahontas (23/0), Preston (15/4), Putnam (31/0), Raleigh (14/1), Randolph (36/0), Ritchie (1/0), Roane (8/0), Summers (1/1), Taylor (8/0), Tucker (4/0), Tyler (3/0), Upshur (6/1), Wayne (97/0), Wetzel (8/0), Wirt (4/0), Wood (48/3), Wyoming (3/0).
As case surveillance continues at the local health department level, it may reveal that those tested in a certain county may not be a resident of that county, or even the state as an individual in question may have crossed the state border to be tested.
Please visit the dashboard at www.coronavirus.wv.gov for more information.
- US Attorney: Drug charges could have impacted ‘four times the population of West Virginia’
- WVU announces mandatory COVID testing prior to fall semester
- KSP investigates fatal crash in Floyd County
- Minnesota AG to upgrade murder charge against officer in Floyd case; three other officers face charges
- Kanawha County polling place moved to new location for primary election
- WV State Police issue Silver Alert for missing man
- Coronavirus in Ohio Wednesday update: 36,792 cases, 2,299 deaths
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Cristobal moving inland over Mexico
- Obama to address Floyd protests for first time publicly in online town hall
- Stadium-sized asteroid heading to Earth this week