CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) — State health officials report the highest recorded COVID-19 deaths recorded in a day, making West Virginia’s total deaths more than 1,000 deaths.
The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resource confirm the deaths of a 52-year-old male from Ritchie County, a 94-year-old female from Harrison County, a 41-year-old female from Berkeley County, a 66-year-old female from Cabell County, an 86-year-old male from Monroe County, an 86-year-old female from Monongalia County, a 72-year-old female from Hardy County, a 72-year-old female from Wayne County, a 76-year-old female from Fayette County, a 92-year-old female from Kanawha County, an 89-year-old male from Greenbrier County, an 89-year-old male from Mineral County, a 92-year-old male from Hardy County, a 96-year-old male from Mineral County, an 80-year-old female from Mineral County, a 78-year-old male from Mineral County, an 82-year-old female from Mason County, a 78-year-old male from Taylor County, a 78-year-old male from Hancock County, a 67-year-old female from Mineral County, an 89-year-old female from Putnam County, a 63-year-old female from Pleasants County, a 74-year-old female from Morgan County, a 50-year-old male from Marshall County, an 84-year-old male from Roane County, a 63-year-old female from Mercer County, a 94-year-old female from Cabell County, an 81-year-old female from Cabell County, a 78-year-old female from Jackson County, a 68-year-old male from Summers County, a 76-year-old male from Kanawha County, a 79-year-old female from Kanawha County, an 83-year-old female from Kanawha County, and a 92-year-old male from Kanawha County.
West Virginia has lost 1,012 lives since the pandemic began.
The WV DHHR also report 1,314 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the latest total to 65,708 cases with 54,695 confirmed cases and 11,013 probable cases. There are 21,091 active cases with a daily positive rate at 9.61% and a cumulative percent rate at 4.14%.
As of 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 15, West Virginia also has a record number of current hospitalizations with 774 patients, including 207 in the ICU and 80 on ventilators.
43,605 West Virginians have recovered from the virus.
Berkeley, Morgan, Hampshire, Mineral, Grant, Hardy, Preston, Hancock, Brooke, Tyler, Pleasants, Ricthie and Mason counties are in red on today’s County Alert System map.
Counties in orange on today’s map includes:
Number of cases per county: Barbour (564), Berkeley (4,652), Boone (820), Braxton (178), Brooke (1,045), Cabell (4,047), Calhoun (112), Clay (200), Doddridge (175), Fayette (1,399), Gilmer (256), Grant (600), Greenbrier (945), Hampshire (664), Hancock (1,337), Hardy (548), Harrison (2,076), Jackson (920), Jefferson (1,874), Kanawha (7,213), Lewis (347), Lincoln (564), Logan (1,236), Marion (1,286), Marshall (1,693), Mason (815), McDowell (752), Mercer (1,905), Mineral (1,857), Mingo (1,143), Monongalia (4,256), Monroe (485), Morgan (476), Nicholas (512), Ohio (2,043), Pendleton (188), Pleasants (211), Pocahontas (300), Preston (1,111), Putnam (2,505), Raleigh (2,104), Randolph (927), Ritchie (262), Roane (243), Summers (331), Taylor (507), Tucker (242), Tyler (242), Upshur (644), Wayne (1,358), Webster (112), Wetzel (533), Wirt (161), Wood (3,761), Wyoming (971).
WV DHHR is hosting free COVID-19 testing daily events today at these locations:
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Shenandoah Community Health, 99 Tavern Road, Martinsburg, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Boone County Health Department, 213 Kenmore Drive, Danville, WV (pre-registration: https://wv.getmycovidresult.com/)
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Howard Knotts Building at Maysel Park, 2286 Upper Two Run Road, Maysel, WV
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Hardy County Emergency Ambulance Authority, 17940 SR 55, Baker, WV (pre-registration: https://wv.getmycovidresult.com/)
- 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Moorefield High School, 401 N. Main Street, Moorefield, WV (pre-registration: https://wv.getmycovidresult.com/)
- 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Ravenswood Senior Center, 511 Washington Street, Ravenswood WV
- 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Mercer County Health Department, 978 Blue Prince Road, Bluefield, WV (pre-registration: https://wv.getmycovidresult.com/)
- 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Frankfort Middle School, 356 Golden Drive, Ridgeley, WV
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Delbarton Volunteer Fire Department, 68 Farley Avenue, Delbarton, WV
- 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Williamson Health and Wellness Center, under the tent, 183 2nd Avenue, Williamson, WV
- 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Hurley Drug Company, 210 Logan Street, Williamson, WV
- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM, Summersville City Hall, Pavilion Parking Lot, 400 North Broad Street, Summersville, WV
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Valley Grove Volunteer Fire Department, 355 Fire House Lane, Valley Grove, WV (pre-registration: https://wv.getmycovidresult.com/)
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Warwood Fire Station #9, 1301 Richland Avenue, Wheeling, WV (pre-registration: https://wv.getmycovidresult.com/)
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Wheeling Island Fire Station #5, 11 North Wabash Street, Wheeling, WV (pre-registration: https://wv.getmycovidresult.com/)
- 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Liberty Square, 613 Putnam Village, Hurricane, WV (pre-registration: bit.ly/pchd-covid)
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM, First Baptist Church, 2034 Webster Pike Route, 119 South, Grafton, WV (pre-registration: https://wv.getmycovidresult.com/)
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Wayne County Health Department, 217 Kenova Avenue, Wayne, WV
- 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Mineral Wells Elementary, 1776 Elizabeth Pike, Mineral Wells, WV