LAWRENCE COUNTY, OHIO (WOWK) — An inmate was found dead in the Lawrence County Jail.
At 6:20 a.m., June 26, 2020, John Cochran was found to be unresponsive by corrections staff. Staff immediately tried CPR and medical aid on Cochran.
Cochran was taken to a local hospital by medical officials where he was pronounced dead.
The Lawrence County Coroner’s Office was contacted and will be sending Cochran’s body to the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office for an autopsy. His cause of death has not been determined at this time.
Cochran was booked into the jail on May 30, 2020. An investigation is ongoing.
- Marching band national guidelines offered to help units march forward into school season
- UPDATE: Some I-79 back open after crash
- Boyd County identifies man found in Ohio River
- Trump commutes longtime friend Roger Stone’s sentence
- No band camps in West Virginia this summer for marching units, more rules set for other musical groups as well
- New Lay’s flavored after beloved dishes at iconic American restaurants
- 13 News Now webcast, Friday, July 10: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- Fresh produce comes to Charleston’s West Side
- Death of 5-year-old not first involving Scioto County Children Services
- Gov. Beshear: Mask mandate in effect, despite judge’s order