CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – On today’s episode of Inside West Virginia Politics, guests talk about the conclusion of the presidential impeachment trial, the ongoing investigation at Clarksburg’s VA Medical Center, the fight against opioids, and how cell phone voting could impact this election cycle.
Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) on the VA Medical Center and her vote in the impeachment trial
In segment 1, Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) shares her frustrations about the ongoing investigation into the suspicious deaths at the VA Medical Center in Clarksburg, gives her opinion on the State of the Union Address, and tells us why she voted to acquit President Donald Trump.
WV Secretary of State Mac Warner on cell phone voting and the Iowa caucus
In segment 2, West Virginia Secretary of State Mac Warner addresses all things cell phone voting, including the Iowa caucus meltdown and why the technology is so important to the Mountain state specifically.
Congressional candidate Matt Hahn, M.D., discusses health care
In segment 3, we talk to Republican congressional candidate Matt Hahn, M.D., about why health care is the central topic of his campaign. He also tells us why he thinks division is a real problem and addresses other issues West Virginia is currently facing.
U.S. Attorney Mike Stuart on the legalization of marijuana, fight against opioids
In segment 4, U.S. Attorney Mike Stuart talks about how, in the midst of the impeachment trial, the nation still continued the fight against opioids, and shares his thoughts on the push for the legalization of recreational marijuana in the state.
- Marshall University to resume in-person classes in fall with calendar adjustments
- Kentucky sees some increase in cases of COVID-19
- Inpatient and supporting services to be shuttered at Bluefield Regional Medical Center
- Charleton city employees receive mask donation from U.S. Conference of Mayors
- Number of West Virginians recovered from COVID-19 continues to climb; new cases confirmed
- Free COVID-19 testing in Randolph County; youth sports to resume statewide
- Crews working to clean up slide in Elkview
- Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear gives update on reopening Bluegrass State
- WVU announces return to football
- Five versions of diabetes drug metformin recalled over contamination