CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – On this week’s episode of Inside West Virginia Politics, more from the current legislative session, and one delegate returns to Charleston with a warm welcome.
WV State Senator Eric Tarr on the Business Inventory and Equipment tax
State Senator Eric Tarr, the Vice-Chair of the Finance Committee, discusses the committee’s plans for the current legislative session, including the repeal of the state’s Business Inventory and Equipment tax and its effect on business and revenue in the state.
West Virginia Senator Roman Prezioso on State Revenue and Economy
State Senate Minority Leader, West Virginia Senator Roman Prezioso discusses his thoughts on repealing the Business Inventory Tax, economy, potential options to balance the budget without the tax, and the State of the State Address.
Seth Distefano on the Annual Budget Breakfast
Seth Distefano of the West Virginia Center on Budget Policy discusses the take away from the annual budget breakfast, including the governor’s plans for a rainy day fund to support Medicaid, the removal of the IDD Waiver Waitlist, and policies to combat hunger.
Delegate Sean Hornbuckle returns to the WV Legislature after donating kidney to sister
West Virginia Delegate Sean Hornbuckle was welcomed back to the West Virginia Legislature after donating a kidney to his sister. He says she is “doing great.”
- Shake Shoppe hosts fundraiser for WV Habitat for Humanity
- Multiple fire departments battle Kanawha County fire
- Senators push to make New River Gorge a national park and preserve
- President Trump authorizes additional disaster assistance for historic 2016 flood
- Basketball team wins fight to play in tournament
- Marshall University to play East Carolina in memory of 75 who died in plane crash
- WV House wants criminal investigation of hospital closures
- PTSD Bill passes WV House of Delegates
- “Friends” is getting a reunion
- Fire at Kentucky prison forces inmates to be relocated