CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – On Inside West Virginia Politics, Republican House Speaker Roger Hanshaw tells us about West Virginia’s projected budget deficits — with the local economy just starting to reopen, he details what the state will be able to do about revenue shortfalls, including budget cuts, federal money in the state, and who can act on any decisions made.
He also shares his opinion on the move to transfer federal prisoners into West Virginia facilities, telling us why he doesn’t think it’s a good idea.
- State of Minnesota files complaint against police in Floyd’s death
- Kentucky Gov. to give update on protests, ‘Healthy at Work’ status
- Confederate monuments targeted by protests come down
- DeWine: Ohio ‘fully intends to have school in the fall’
- Parents arrested after 10-year-old tests positive for meth
- Coronavirus in Ohio Tuesday update: 36,350 cases, 2,258 deaths reported
- Tropical Storm Cristobal forms in Gulf of Mexico
- Athletes join protest in Morgantown
- Amsted Rail invests in West Virginia company
- WV National Guard investigates ‘inflammatory comments’ regarding national protests