INDIANAPOLIS (AP) – NASCAR star Jimmie Johnson has tested positive for COVID-19.
The seven-time champion will miss what was supposed to be his final Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway this weekend.
He will be sidelined and miss testing an Indy car on the road course at Indianapolis Motor Speedway next week.
Johnson had talked about the test and the possibility of running the Indianapolis 500.
Hours later, he said he had tested positive for the COVID-19.
- Honda recalls 1.6M vans and SUVs in US
- LIVE: Olympics difficult to hold without a vaccine; athletes get financial boost as training continues
- Well-known acrobat handcuffed at Myrtle Beach over thong ordinance; video goes viral
- USDA to conduct vaccine in Ohio, WV to combat wildlife rabies
- More than half of American adults have experienced a loss of income because of COVID-19
- Which type of face mask is most effective?
- Abuse reporting system now practiced by Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston
- Second stimulus checks: Progress slow on virus relief bill with $1,200 payments
- Watch Live: Isaias downgraded to tropical storm over eastern N. Carolina
- Local church set to hold blood drive Tuesday