FRANKFORT, KY (WOWK) – Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear is giving an update on COVID-19 and reopening the Bluegrass State at 5 p.m. Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
Beshear did not give live briefings through Memorial Day weekend. Saturday, he confirmed 148 new COVID-19 cases for a total of 8,571 cases.
Beshear also said for only the second time in about a month and a half, the state reported no additional deaths Saturday.
Beshear mentioned Saturday, 3,102 Kentuckians have recovered from the virus.
- Search for suspects in Kanawha County burglary underway
- Sheriff: Phone scammers pretending to be deputies
- Parents need help flying preemie babies born in Utah home to Florida
- Man says he was threatened with noose, called racial slurs
- COVID-19 can float in the air, and the WHO should clearly tell people that, experts say
- Coronavirus in Ohio Monday update: 57,956 total cases, 2,927 deaths
- Coronavirus House Calls returns in primetime special ‘Combating the Comeback’
- Feeling short-changed? COVID-19 causing nationwide coin shortage
- No more delays — July 15 is Tax Day. What to know about the deadline
- WV Gov. Justice orders masks in buildings