MIDDLE FORK, Ky. – Authorities say a Kentucky deputy was shot in the hand during a traffic stop and two people were arrested in connection to the shooting, while a third remains at large.
The Leslie County Sheriff’s Office tells the Courier Journal the deputy was shot in the hand during a routine traffic stop Saturday morning. The deputy’s identity hasn’t been released.
The office says the deputy underwent surgery at the hospital, while one suspect also was being treated for injuries from the incident. Governor Andy Bershear and Attorney General Daniel Cameron were among those asking for prayers for the deputy.
- Mandatory face coverings ordered in West Virginia
- City searches for solutions as recycling cease continues due to COVID-19
- Testing appointments booking quickly following the holiday weekend
- Colin Kaepernick signs multi-project deal with Disney
- Pandemic presents unique challenges for kids with special needs and their families
- Jewel City ramps up plans for historic anniversary
- Unemployed Ohioans may be eligible for an additional 20 weeks of benefits
- COVID-19 cases in WV continue to rise
- Winfield Youth Baseball webcast streaming 7:30 p.m. EST Monday, July 6, 2020
- Search for suspects in Kanawha County burglary underway