MIDDLE FORK, Ky. – Authorities say a Kentucky deputy was shot in the hand during a traffic stop and two people were arrested in connection to the shooting, while a third remains at large.
The Leslie County Sheriff’s Office tells the Courier Journal the deputy was shot in the hand during a routine traffic stop Saturday morning. The deputy’s identity hasn’t been released.
The office says the deputy underwent surgery at the hospital, while one suspect also was being treated for injuries from the incident. Governor Andy Bershear and Attorney General Daniel Cameron were among those asking for prayers for the deputy.
- New senate committee to fix and strengthen West Virginia’s foster care system
- Kentucky state police warn drivers to slow down in work zones
- House Bill 4078 would put a cap on co-pays for insulin in West Virginia
- A West Virginia group wants to rewrite history and pardon John Brown
- Economic discussions in the legislative session, plus a warm welcome to Charleston
- Charleston community members and state leaders march to remember MLK Jr.
- WV lawmakers try to lower prescription drug costs
- Possible pipe bomb materials found during Jackson County, West Virginia drug arrest
- Troubled Kentucky jail improves under new leadership
- Family Policy Council of West Virginia president files to run against Shelley Moore Capito