Work is being done to repair five bridges in northeast Kentucky.
A $700,000 project started in northeast Kentucky to repair five bridges, according to the state transportation cabinet. Contractors will pour a new concrete driving surface and waterproof the following bridges:
- Lewis County: the KY 59 bridge over Dry Run Creek (milepoint 23)
- Lewis County: the KY 377 bridge over Kinniconick Creek (milepoint 8.5)
- Greenup County: the KY 7 bridge over Little White Oak Creek (milepoint 3.6)
- Mason County: the KY 596 bridge over North Fork of the Licking River (MP 5)
- Fleming County: the KY 3304 bridge over Rock Lick Creek (milepoint 2.7)
Work started Wednesday and delays should be expected as traffic will be down to one lane.
The news release also states contractors have until November 15th to complete the project, with each bridge under construction for only 30 calendar days and weather can affect road work schedules. The contract was given to M&M Services, Inc., for $703,261.
Drivers are urged to use caution in those areas.