JACKSBORO, Tenn. (AP) – A small earthquake hit East Tennessee on Monday. The U.S. Geological Survey said a magnitude 3.8 earthquake struck near Fincastle, Tennessee in Campbell County.
A USGS map showed it was felt around East Tennessee and southern Kentucky. It was the second earthquake to hit the area in two days. The USGS said a magnitude 2.8 earthquake hit on Sunday.
There were no immediate reports of damage, news but WVLT-TV viewers said they felt the quake. Tiffany Martin said it shook her house in Oak Ridge and Adam Watson said it rattled his dishes in Whitesburg. Alisa Potts of Williamsburg, Kentucky, said her entire house shook.
- Community starts GoFundMe page following Capital Boys Basketball Team Robbery
- Harvey Weinstein found guilty in landmark #MeToo moment
- 2 cheetah cubs born at the Columbus Zoo via in vitro fertilization and embryo transfers
- Officials propose 16 changes to hunting, fishing regulations
- Injured hiker crawls for 8 hours before rescue
- Katherine Johnson, one of NASA Langley’s ‘Hidden Figures,’ dies at 101
- Trump’s India visit prioritizes pageantry over policy
- Two elk illegally killed in Kentucky; authorities offer reward
- Henrico toddler walks again after being shot in the head during drive-by shooting: ‘It’s a miracle’
- Several crews respond to structure fire in Kanawha County