PADUCAH, KY (AP) – A former high school fishing coach in Kentucky has pleaded guilty to charges of sex abuse and child pornography.
WPSD-TV reports John Parks admitted to one count on each charge in a plea agreement Thursday. He was originally charged with one count of sex abuse and 10 counts of possession or viewing of matter portraying a sexual performance by a minor.
The station reports other counts were dismissed. Parks is the former McCracken County High School fishing coach.
A 15-year-old student reported last year that Parks touched him in an intimate matter and sent him inappropriate text messages.
- Covelli-owned Panera Bread restaurants to provide meals to Ohio kids in need
- Kanawha County Sheriff investigates fatal Sissonville crash
- COVID-19 “stay at home” violators could receive fines in the future
- “Team Charleston”: Inform and Inspire
- Coronavirus cases in West Virginia Friday, total jumps to 96
- First coronavirus case shows up in Lawrence County, KY
- 13 things to do this weekend! (March 27th – March 29th)
- Kanawha County courtrooms go virtual during pandemic
- Epilepsy Foundation West Virginia plans Virtual Walk
- COVID-19 creates unique challenges for people with Alzheimer’s