FRANKFORT, KY (WOWK) – Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear has also issued an executive order for Kentuckians not to travel to other states with very few exceptions such as essential work, healthcare, court or caring for a loved one. The order requires anyone who travels out of state for reasons beyond the exceptions to quarantine for 14 days.
Beshear also says Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital in Ashland would be used should additional beds be needed although the hospital announced it would close this year and end hospital-based patient care April 30.
Beshear announced the state’s positive COVID-19 numbers have risen to 480 cases with two additional deaths. Beshear says both of the deaths had underlying conditions and encourages people to join the capitol and governor’s mansion in lighting green lights in their memories.
- Entire Buffalo Police Emergency Response Team resigns in support of suspended officers
- Virtual memorial service held for Annie Glenn
- War Story: World War II Veteran shares his journey through battle caused hate, to find love
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Cristobal strengthening as it moves toward Louisiana
- West Virginia sees slight uptick in positive COVID-19 cases, total recovered continues to rise
- Ohio corrections employee tests positive for COVID-19, inmates quarantined
- UPDATE: Four people shot in parking lot of Ironton bar, one in custody
- WARNING: Poisonous plants blooming soon in Central Ohio
- Ohio man shot after confrontation at residence
- VIDEO: Amazon trailers go up in flames in massive fire at commercial building