MADISONVILLE, Ky. (AP) – A coal miner has died from injuries suffered in an accident at a western Kentucky mine.
A statement from the Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet says 39-year-old Jeremy Elder of Providence died Thursday from critical injuries in a vehicle accident that occurred inside the Cardinal mine in Madisonville.
The agency says all mining operations were shut down and production remained closed Friday in the accident area.
Officials said an investigation was underway.
It was the state’s fourth coal mining death this year.
- First case of Coronavirus in a person with no relevant travel history
- Fairmont Regional Medical Center Closure, Tax Plan, & Accomplishments at the Capitol
- Trump addresses nation on Coronavirus fears
- Busy ‘Crossover Day’ at West Virginia Legislature
- Local cops raid wrong home
- Multiple people dead in Milwaukee shooting at Molson Coors
- Dunkin’ Donuts adds Snackin’ Bacon to the menu
- Coronavirus test pending for one northern Virginia resident, no confirmed cases
- Huntington woman indicted in WV’s largest elderly fraud scam
- Chapmanville students wins trip to space camp