MADISONVILLE, Ky. (AP) – A coal miner has died from injuries suffered in an accident at a western Kentucky mine.
A statement from the Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet says 39-year-old Jeremy Elder of Providence died Thursday from critical injuries in a vehicle accident that occurred inside the Cardinal mine in Madisonville.
The agency says all mining operations were shut down and production remained closed Friday in the accident area.
Officials said an investigation was underway.
It was the state’s fourth coal mining death this year.
- Remembering Alex Miller
- Fatal motorcycle crash caused by dead deer in road
- Huntington Police Investigating Deadly Downtown Shooting
- Fans, teams, and communities honor those not able to play high school football
- Huntington’s aerospace program offers a bright future for high school students and community
- Conference aims to bridge gap between patients and providers
- Fugitive from Oklahoma arrested in Kanawha County
- Greyhound racing debate continues
- Mom allegedly rubs heroin on daughter’s gums, killing her
- Up and down economy has some West Virginians concerned