FRANKFORT, KY (WOWK) – Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear is scheduled to give an update on the status of COVID-19 in Kentucky and the state’s “Healthy at Work” plan.
The governor along with other state officials are also giving an update on the protests happening across the state as well as the Kentucky State Police investigation into an incident in Louisville Sunday night in which a local man was fatally shot.
Yesterday, Beshear released a statement giving updates on Sunday and Monday’s COVID-19 numbers:
- Sunday, May 31, 2020 – 131 new cases, zero deaths
- Monday, June 1, 2020 – 214 new cases, eight additional deaths
- 157 new cases of virus in 24 hours; Monongalia County sees spike
- Orioles name John Means starter for Opening Day
- WVDNR announces 2020 Antlerless Deer Season limited permit area applications
- ‘Life jackets worn, nobody mourns’: Officials urge open water safety
- Meet the new WV State Health Officer and Commissioner of DHHR
- Coalition requests removal of Stonewall Jackson statue from WV Capitol grounds
- Poll shows second stimulus check needed to help Americans pay bills
- DoorDash driver somehow survives being swept beneath city by floodwaters
- Scioto County sees jump in COVID cases
- Coronavirus in Ohio Friday update: 62,856 cases, 3,032 deaths