EMINENCE, Ky. (AP) – Police in Kentucky say a man wanted for murder who was holding his wife against her will has been taken into custody.
Shelby County Sheriff Mark Moore told news outlets that 37-year-old Terry Whitehouse was located near a wooded area in Henry County Friday afternoon. His 34-year-old wife, Melinda, was found safe.
Eminence police Sgt. John Bailey said an officer performing a welfare check discovered a man dead from severe head trauma early Thursday morning.
Whitehouse is accused of killing the unidentified victim and kidnapping his own wife. He had recently been arrested for violating an emergency protection order and was released from Shelby County Detention Center on Wednesday.
Charges are pending.
Bailey says children who lived in the home where the body was found have been placed in Child Protective Services custody.
- New resort makes Wayne County a vacation destination
- Semi overturns near Buffalo Bridge in Putnam County
- Students attend the Charleston PD’s annual “Powerama”
- Governor Justice unveils Jobs & Hope WV program
- Trump tweets support for Kentucky governor in election
- New study: Opioid crisis cost US economy $631B over 4 years
- Disturbing new details in Clarksburg VA Hospital deaths
- Cabell County corn maze may close after this year
- Charleston begins abandoned home demolition
- WVU fraternity charter revoked because of alcohol-related violations