Kindness.org, a non-profit with a mission to educate and encourage anyone, anywhere, to choose kindness, surveyed thousands of Americans on the kind acts they would do.
The top three kindest acts include:
- Become an organ donor for a family member
- Pull a stranger from a burning car
- Adopt and raise a family member
When it comes to kind acts that could be planned in advance, the top three were:
- Cover the shift for a work colleague
- Cheer up a family member
- Call a friend to encourage them
More takeaways from the study showed 86 percent of Americans would donate a part of their liver to a family member, 72 percent would lend money to a friend in a financial crisis, and 53 percent would donate vacation time to a colleague.
To learn more about the study and how to join Verizon’s “A Call for Kindness” movement, visit Verizon.com/kindness.